DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Costco deal on Mini 2

I checked it out...wound up going to a local photo shop for the fly more bundle ....got help setting it up...third battery, more extra props, charging station, the carry case.. I think if you buy it at costco and realize you need more batteries, that just getting the flymore bundle is a better deal...and in my case supported a local business

Its a pretty good deal IMHO, you get an extra battery, a case, and 32 gb SD Card, that the standard package from DJI does not include for less than the standard package from DJI.. Sure its not as comprehensive as the Fly more, but you'll pay $160 more for it.

Now granted 3 batteries is better and having the charger, but you can get a good 3rd party charger pretty reasonable.. And Mini 2 batteries are $55... So I think its a good deal if you want to get started.. (wish MA2 Batteries were only $55)

Reactions: Grazuncle
I was able to take advantage of the Costco deal for my Mini 2 purchase. Very satisfied. I wish my local hobby shop was still in business - they closed 7 years ago (wow- has it actually been 7 years????) after 70 years in business. That was very sad. Anyway, I’m looking at getting a separate charger that charges 4 Mini2 batteries at the same time. I already have 2 batteries thanks to the Costco bundle.

:)

It's not a bad deal for some. But you don't really save a lot either way. Perhaps the Costco return policy makes it worth it? I'm not sure how they handle that these days and with drones. The FlyMore kit for the Mini 2 isn't the slam dunk it was with the Mini 1 which gave you two batteries, the charger and prop guards for $100 over the basic kit. With Costco's Mini 1 kit, instead of a soft bag Costco threw in a charging dome, so with wall bricks you could charge the two batteries simultaneously.

With the Mini 2 Costco kit, for the extra $39 you're getting a $45 battery, a $7 SD card and a bag (that I'd never use for my Mini 2... but are great for VR goggles :) ).

To break down the differences between the different ways to buy a Mini 2 see below. You're going to buy your own SD card and 64GB cards are about $10 USD.

Mini 2 ala carte-$400
2 extra batteries- $90 @$45 each
Charging hub - $26- $42 depending on your choice. I figured $37 for the DJI bank.
Extra props- $18
Hard Case with custom cutouts- $35
Above ala carte package total: $580 before tax

Costco package plus extra battery, charging hub, extra props and hard case $574

Mini 2 w/FMC $600 (SD card not included in FMC )

Just for reference if anyone is interested, the hard case I used in my example was this one from Amazon...
Mini 2 hard case

Reactions: MavicPeter
It's not a bad deal for some. But you don't really save a lot either way. Perhaps the Costco return policy makes it worth it? I'm not sure how they handle that these days and with drones. The FlyMore kit for the Mini 2 isn't the slam dunk it was with the Mini 1 which gave you two batteries, the charger and prop guards for $100 over the basic kit. With Costco's Mini 1 kit, instead of a soft bag Costco threw in a charging dome, so with wall bricks you could charge the two batteries simultaneously.

With the Mini 2 Costco kit, for the extra $39 you're getting a $45 battery, a $7 SD card and a bag (that I'd never use for my Mini 2... but are great for VR goggles :) ).

To break down the differences between the different ways to buy a Mini 2 see below. You're going to buy your own SD card and 64GB cards are about $10 USD.

Mini 2 ala carte-$400
Charging hub - $26- $42 depending on your choice. I figured $37 for the DJI bank.
Extra props- $18

Just for reference if anyone is interested, the hard case I used in my example was this one from Amazon...
Mini 2 hard case
Having so many choices is a wonderful thing. It allows folks to buy what they need.

I haven't seen the Mini 2 for anything less than $449. Who is selling it for $400?

Mini 2 ala carte-$400
Extra props- $18

Mini 2 hard case
If your going to compare deals, you need to use DJI's pricing (IMHO) not perhaps the pricing that it can be found in some places perhaps. The Mini 2 Costco Kit is $10 less than the Retail price of the Basic Mini 2 package @$449. Batteries for a Mini 2 are $55 not $45, even if you can find them for that cost. So if you use retail numbers, the Costco deal looks pretty good.. Adding another battery and 3rd party charger is $55 and say $40 for another $95 to get close to a Fly More at $534. or $65 less. And you might be able to find a charger up to $10-15 or so cheaper with some more looking around. Bumping up the savings to almost $80...

I don't see a drone only offering (your all-carte) from the usual places that one might look for a Mini 2. Even a quick search does not seem to pop up that $400 price. not saying its not out there somewhere, but its not seemingly going to pop up in front of the buyer looking for a drone, plus, I don't think that most people want to piece their drone kit together....

If your happy with the deal you've made for a Mini 2 & what's included it is all that matters.
Personally I like a warm shower - some don't!

I got a coupon for 100$ off 500$ in the email that made it a great deal. I added in some normal costco items to add up to over 500$
You got a $100 off at Costco? Or somewhere else? I’d been eying this deal at Costco and have a coupon code for $40 off a purchase of $250 or more online at Costco.com... but really that just brings the tax down to zero: out the door price is around $424 with 6% sales tax for the Costco deal in my state. Not sure if I’m gonna go for it or not. Hmm. I don’t need all the fluff, so a battery and sd card is fine value-add by me.

I got the fly more combo, came with 3 batteries, but I picked up 2 mavic mini's batteries @ $39 apiece, just for extras. Yeah, it puts you over 249 grams, but I've got it registered with my other drones, so weight isnt a concern.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Costco's current drone return policy is limited to 90 days, like TV's, computers and cameras. Better than anyone else's, but not forever, like in the good old days!

Sounds like a decent deal for those in the market. Personally, the MM is one that will not be in my fleet.

Having so many choices is a wonderful thing. It allows folks to buy what they need.

I haven't seen the Mini 2 for anything less than $449. Who is selling it for $400?
I stand corrected. That's right I have to change my calculations. I got mixed up with the Mini 1 cost. Thanks for letting me know I screwed up.

Mini 2 ala carte-$400
Extra props- $18

Mini 2 hard case
I screwed up... I wrote $400 for the Mini 2 cost and it's $450. Sorry. So here are the revised calculations.

But to reiterate the Mini 1 FMC deal $500 with more stuff was a better deal. Obviously DJI still thinks the extra $100 cost for the Mini 2 FMC is still valued as they're selling a ton of them with probably $100 more margin per unit.

Mini 2 ala carte-$450
Extra props- $18
Above ala carte package total: $620 before tax

Mini 2 hard case

Fine point: if you use your Costco issued credit card, you get another 5% off in the form of their annual rebate which should be about $28

Reactions: Macinfo
I found the info on the 100$ on slick deals. If you read the thread they talk about a 100$ coupon as well as a 50$.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll