DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could the APAS system come to the Mavic Pro?

1px0ff

Reactions
While watching the keynote for the Mavic Air, the most compelling feature to me was the APAS system that enables the drone to maneuver around obstacles instead of just stopping. It occurred to me that this is something that technically could be brought to the Mavic Pro. While the Air has two extra sensors in the back, the workhorse sensors for APAS are going to be the front and bottom sensors. It seems like they should be able to bring it to the MP but just not sure if they will :/ What are your thoughts?

In theory I can't see why it couldn't work on the MP. Though I assume DJI would rather use it (APAS) to market with a MP2

Reactions: 1px0ff
yeah that is kinda my fear. That they could do it, but they won't in order to drive sales to something else.

yeah that is kinda my fear. That they could do it, but they won't in order to drive sales to something else.
Though I sorta remember them saying in the live stream that the technology (sensors) were updated

Though I sorta remember them saying in the live stream that the technology (sensors) were updated
I believe the technology to fly around objects is mostly a software deal aided by a faster more powerful processor/memory. While it is most likely possible for that software to run on the MP, it may not perform sufficiently well or tax the existing processor/memory too much.

For me, the real deal here is the 4K @ 100Mb/s !!

As far a size and portability - there is not all that much difference to the MP.

As far a size and portability - there is not all that much difference to the MP.
Size is the key factor for me...I need it to fit in a swing-arm bag on my HD Softail.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost