DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couple Questions

oahumike

Reactions
I am looking to purchase a new drone in the next month or two. I had a 3DR Solo that went in the drink (Pacific Ocean) because I had it on the fastest flying mode and it loses altitude while doing so (even with the altitude throttle at max).

Question 1:

Would you buy a mavic now if you were waiting or wait a few months in the off chance of a Mavic 2 coming out?

Questions 2:

In sport mode, will the Mavic lose altitude if flying at its fastest?

Thanks in advance!

Hey man, so sorry to hear about your 3DR solo, those quads are rad. I almost bought one and instead went with the phantom 4.
To answer question 1, I just bought a mavic and love it already, no regrets! I have limited time to spend with my son and I want to enjoy every minute. I travel a lot and do so much outdoors it really fits with my lifestyle and photography/sports footage. I understand there might be a price drop in November or something but I needed quality this summer.
The thing people have to realize is that life is short, and I want to enjoy every minute of it. If you stress over the couple hundred dollars you could save then maybe wait, but in the end, I am more stressed over the missed opportunities to photograph/film important parts of my life.
Question 2, yes, the Mavic pro will lose small amount of altitude while at max velocity in sport mode. I did not measure the rates, but its about 1 foot of loss per 100 foot linear distance. It was easily avoidable and I don't think its as bad as the phantoms, which wasn't "bad" but very noticeable. I have had other quads such as the blade350 qx2 and a Yuneec and they all fell at a rate of 1 foot per 10 feet, so in 100 feet it would fall 10 feet, and I would have to increase the altitude significantly, in fact, full stick altitude!

Cheers!

Would you buy a mavic now if you were waiting or wait a few months in the off chance of a Mavic 2 coming out?
If you wait a few months for the Mavic 2 to be announced (and it is announced), you'll then likely have to wait a few more months to get one in your hands, wait a few more months to be able to buy accessories (since they aren't usually available right away), etc. Things often move slow when new drones are first released.

If you wait..... What happens if tomorrow never comes.?

Mavic at Flat out @40+mph will want to dive but you can compensate buy applying more altitude
...........and about Mavic 2.0.? prolly be another name

Mavic is Chin-ish for Mavrick
Mavic 2.0 will probably have diffrent name like " Ghoso" "Goshno" (ghost)

Goshno 1.0
Have more features Like
Laser pointer for precision landing
rear/side sonar sensors
more robust Gimbal, Better optics,
larger battery

.....IMO.......C.

Reactions: oahumike
Hey man, so sorry to hear about your 3DR solo, those quads are rad. I almost bought one and instead went with the phantom 4.
To answer question 1, I just bought a mavic and love it already, no regrets! I have limited time to spend with my son and I want to enjoy every minute. I travel a lot and do so much outdoors it really fits with my lifestyle and photography/sports footage. I understand there might be a price drop in November or something but I needed quality this summer.
The thing people have to realize is that life is short, and I want to enjoy every minute of it. If you stress over the couple hundred dollars you could save then maybe wait, but in the end, I am more stressed over the missed opportunities to photograph/film important parts of my life.
Question 2, yes, the Mavic pro will lose small amount of altitude while at max velocity in sport mode. I did not measure the rates, but its about 1 foot of loss per 100 foot linear distance. It was easily avoidable and I don't think its as bad as the phantoms, which wasn't "bad" but very noticeable. I have had other quads such as the blade350 qx2 and a Yuneec and they all fell at a rate of 1 foot per 10 feet, so in 100 feet it would fall 10 feet, and I would have to increase the altitude significantly, in fact, full stick altitude!

Cheers!

I am definitely looking for replies like this but wanted to reassure myself! I wasn't so much looking for the price drop but for the possibility of #2 coming out.

Also, the 3dr seemed to lose altitude a lot when pushing ahead.

Thanks for the help because life is short!

If you wait a few months for the Mavic 2 to be announced (and it is announced), you'll then likely have to wait a few more months to get one in your hands, wait a few more months to be able to buy accessories (since they aren't usually available right away), etc. Things often move slow when new drones are first released.

this is what i needed to hear!

If you wait..... What happens if tomorrow never comes.?

Mavic at Flat out @40+mph will want to dive but you can compensate buy applying more altitude
...........and about Mavic 2.0.? prolly be another name

Mavic is Chin-ish for Mavrick
Mavic 2.0 will probably have diffrent name like " Ghoso" "Goshno" (ghost)

Goshno 1.0
Have more features Like
Laser pointer for precision landing
rear/side sonar sensors
more robust Gimbal, Better optics,
larger battery

.....IMO.......C.

Thanks for the input!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics