Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Covid 19,and this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
hi all you fellow fliers,i guess all of us are going to be glad this forum exists,if we have to self isolate in the next few weeks,due to this virus
we can safely keep in touch no matter where we are in the world
i am sure that you will join me in wishing anyone who has contracted the virus a speedy recovery
and our thoughts are with the families of those who have died due to the virus

I agree wholeheartedly with your statement. This is something that should concern everyone, not just the older population. My wife and I intend to limit our outings until more is understood about this serious illness that so many have suffered from. Our hearts and prayers go out to you.

I had an appointment at the doctor yesterday for a routine skin cancer check. All of the doctors were wearing masks because one of their colleagues had been in contact with someone who had tested positive. I can tell you that I was glad to get out of there.

Going out in public is now like rolling dice but I am hoping to swing the odds in my favor by not using public transport and shopping during the very early hours when fewer people are up and about. If we are unlucky enough to be infected then we will hope to God that it's a mild strain.

This thing is looking grimmer with ever passing day :( I don't recall any other disease that has spread so wide so fast in recent history.

I get the gist of your post @dirkclod (I have been reading your handle as "dirklord" till now - just double checked when I typed it and the system didn't bring it up automatically) and I agree with you to some extent. But I fear that this virus is going to do a lot of harm to people and not just the ones who are unfortunate to catch it. None of the previous outbreaks, be it SARS, H1N1, Zika, or even Ebola had spread this much. It is basically too late for containment of COVID_19. I worry a lot and I worry even more when I think of how unprepared my own country is (and we confirmed our first case yesterday).

this virus because of its potential to take life, and that has spread so fast around the world, will do more economic harm than actual no of people it kills,it just shows how vulnerable humans are to this sort of event,we pride ourselves to be able to travel freely ,and that is one of the reasons that this virus has spread so quickly

Naaa do like the do in that other country.
Just get 3 rocks. :p

• Haha
Reactions: old man mavic
Naaa do like the do in that other country.
Just get 3 rocks. :p

Or seashells a'la Stallone in Demolition Man. :)

e14067ec1afa71a2f0bab28f5e5653e0.jpg

Last edited:
I get the gist of your post @dirkclod (I have been reading your handle as "dirklord" till now - just double checked when I typed it and the system didn't bring it up automatically) and I agree with you to some extent. But I fear that this virus is going to do a lot of harm to people and not just the ones who are unfortunate to catch it. None of the previous outbreaks, be it SARS, H1N1, Zika, or even Ebola had spread this much. It is basically too late for containment of COVID_19. I worry a lot and I worry even more when I think of how unprepared my own country is (and we confirmed our first case yesterday).
Well sorry to hear about your country and get the dirk lord a lot and lord I’m far from it,clod is more fitting for me.
Guys I know this is serious and watching all the media on it
i still think it’s causing to much panic. I forget the #’s at the
moment from just the regular flu we have that has killed so many it was staggering compared to this but it isn’t publicized nearly as much.
This stuff is from what I’ve seen is killing folks that have pre-existing issues the most.
Now being I’m 65 and have survived polio when I was a kid,
7 mild heart attacks 7 hearth Cath’s since 2000 with 14 stints and 1 triple bypass , and a Malignant throat cancer where I had radiation treatments everyday for 6 weeks that ruined my immune system last year I’m in that group .But I’m not going to let this worry me no more than I have any of the
other’s. Being I live in a state that stays wet and hot most of
the year with mosquitoes as big as bats I worry more about
getting West Nile Virus more. Now put having a stepdaughter having a baby boy 5 years ago and leaving him
for my wife and me to raise I have to stay positive and think
all should also. Yes we need to take the necessary precautions but we can’t let this take over our life’s.
I can’t let this put me into anymore stress than I already have.
It will pass and hopefully it won’t kill to many or ruin to
many financially.
So please nobody think from my post I’m taking this lightly.
Im not. I truly feel for anyone that has it or have loved ones that do.
I do pray this will die down and go away soon .
Sorry for the sob story and don’t mean for it to be just saying I’m there also.
I wish all good here and everywhere .

People do not realize it, but in Europe, especially those countries where most people still pay with cash, there is a majow problem. Infected people having banknotes and coins in their hands or pockets, contaminate the cash. By paying for supplies, this money comes into the hands of hundreds of other people, infecting them with the virus.
To stop this line of infection, everybody has to put their cash into a small plastic bags and put them outside their door by 19:00 tonight. We then will come and pick the money up, to ensure no one else gets infected.

But serious, I do have two options: Either I get infected, or I don't. Without a doubt, I will die one day, sooner or later, something everybody new from the day I was born. So for me, life goes on.

My wife works for the USPS as a city Carrier. Now that’s as bad as dealing with money. Like you said when it’s our time
thats it. I live everyday like it’s my last.

this virus because of its potential to take life, and that has spread so fast around the world, will do more economic harm than actual no of people it kills,it just shows how vulnerable humans are to this sort of event,we pride ourselves to be able to travel freely ,and that is one of the reasons that this virus has spread so quickly
Couldn't agree more on the economic impact being the hardest. For comparison, the 2013–2016 Ebola outbreak in West Africa killed 11,323 out of the 28,646 people who contracted it (Wikipedia figures, and these are only reported cases - so take them with a pinch of salt). That is roughly one out of three! COVID-19 has so far killed 5,429 out of 145,377 according to the latest figures. But the social and economic disruption it has brought is surreal. Yes, Ebola also brought social and economic life in the affected countries to a stand still; but it was contained in one corner of the world with only three countries bearing the brunt of the epidemic. COVID-19 is taking over the world like it was a small village. Globalization is the real vector here.

Now being I’m 65 and have survived polio when I was a kid,
7 mild heart attacks 7 hearth Cath’s since 2000 with 14 stints and 1 triple bypass , and a Malignant throat cancer ...
You, Sir, are a heck of a survivor! Hats off to you! But do take all the precaution you can for this.

At the first of the year I got sick. I'm 60 yrs old, in excellent shape and when people ask how old I am their jaws drop because they think I'm 10 yrs younger than what I am. This virus I had had me down for 6 wks. I've never seen anything like it. I also wash my hands all the time, more than anyone I've seen with the exception of my wife. My point is that this virus is something that's not only transmitted by touch but also is transmitted by the air when someone coughs or sneezes.Simply buying hand sanitizer and toilet paper is probably not going to cut it. Govs are shutting down borders to entire Countries. Sporting evens,, Major events, places like Disneyland and other large Venues such as Schools are being postponed until further notice. I can't remember anything like this in my lifetime. If it's that Contagious (and it certainly seems to be) I can foresee many people losing their jobs because not everyone can work from home. I cannot. My job is in a factory where I'm have to move as fast as a 20 yr old, which I do quite well. If I can't do my part I won't get paid which pretty much applies to everyone in the world. Many People have died which is why the world has taken such notice. Most are 60 and older, but not all I seen where a young Doctor had contracted it and one lung has filled with Pneumonia and he may lose a lung. There doesn't seem to be a quick fix for this like a shot (you know like the flu to prevent it) or a pill. Can you imagine what life would be like without electricity? When the power comes back on how relieved you are that life makes sense again. Hopefully life will return to normal and will make sense again soon.

You, Sir, are a heck of a survivor! Hats off to you! But do take all the precaution you can for this.
Thank you , My point was I didn’t want members to think i
am taking all this lightly. I’m right here with the rest of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato