DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CPL issues

Double H

Reactions
Hopefully some of you expert drone pilots and photographers can help me out. Whenever I use a CPL filter with my mini2, I get darkness in the lower left and right of the picture or the video as seen in the picture below. In this instance, the sun was 90 degrees to my left. I cant seem to eliminate those dark areas no matter which way the drone is pointing in relation to the sun. Any help or tips is appreciatedDJI_0088.JPG

Hopefully some of you expert drone pilots and photographers can help me out. Whenever I use a CPL filter with my mini2, I get darkness in the lower left and right of the picture or the video as seen in the picture below. In this instance, the sun was 90 degrees to my left. I cant seem to eliminate those dark areas no matter which way the drone is pointing in relation to the sun.
That's not a result of the polarising.
It's called vignetting and is caused by the filter frame extending too far and blocking some light around the edges of the image.

As Meta4 has said that does look a lot like vignetting to me.

You get the same problem on DSLR cameras if you stack too many filters, or use a lens hood with a wide angle lens.

The only answer is to try to fit the filter closer to the lens, or use a different filter with a thinner frame.

Reactions: sikspy
Hopefully some of you expert drone pilots and photographers can help me out. Whenever I use a CPL filter with my mini2, I get darkness in the lower left and right of the picture or the video as seen in the picture below. In this instance, the sun was 90 degrees to my left. I cant seem to eliminate those dark areas no matter which way the drone is pointing in relation to the sun. Any help or tips is appreciatedView attachment 125923
What brand of filter you use? If your filter is well fitted on the camera lens and you insist to use the same filter the only tip to avoid it is to do some digital zoom.Mini 2 has digital zoom.

I've tried Freewell and Skyreat both with the same results. I think I may just send them back.
I don't know about Freewell or Skyreat CPL filters but I use a cheap set of Sunnylife filters without any vignetting with my Mini 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada