DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CPU fully loaded, then Crashed!

J

jvsoundwave

Just mailed my drone into DJI, I really hope they cover this becuase I just got it on July 21st.

So Ive been experiencing some weird behavior from the drone. This past friday I came in for a landing, I looked up at the drone, it was over me, than all of the sudden it was 50feet away above water with a warning "Flight, workingIMUencountersheading exception, please switch to atti mode if craft behave adnormally." And, Warning "compass error: exit p-gps mode".
Well scared the crap out of me becuase I was low in battery, but I managed to land it. I was over 100feet up, thank god or I would have hit something.
So I took it easy the next morning, did some recalibration. It acted ok, till Sunday.
Before the flight I re calibrated the compass and the Gimbal. I did that becuase my horizon was shooting tilted, and I got this vibration in a video I took. Took off, checked it, and it looked good.
Less than 2min into the flight, I got a warning "CPUoverload", and the drone went right into trees! I mean, I stopped moving the stick it would have been safe, but just kept going. Also, from the screen on the phone, it wasnt in the same loaction as where the actually drone was, it was way further back.

I constantly clear the video Cache on my iphone, and I checked the memory, I have 50g free. So it has to be the drone acting crazy, right? Ive cycled my phone, even tried a different Iphone when I got this and these faults before. But i was in a safer area, so I didnt hit anything when it kept going.

My feeling is the CPU on the drone is just faulty from factory.

Attachments

• IMG_4534.JPG
    IMG_4534.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
That sucks,where did you buy it? Heres a link that might be of interest to ya . yours is the first crash I'v seen. Hopefully someone will ask to see your flight record and tell you something..
Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected

Just read through some of that, thanks! Its def a Software bug, I just started the flight, and my phone was not hot. Besides, Ive been having random warnings, and other issues. I guess I bought the lemon. I bought it at Best Buy. I cant return it there, so I just sent it right away to DJI. I hope I dont have to wait 5 weeks like the stories I hear.

Were you useing the stock connector that came with MP?If so alot of people were having problems with that. I thought since you bought it at BB you could return it there within 30 days??
Well I hope you get it back soon

Were you useing the stock connector that came with MP?If so alot of people were having problems with that. I thought since you bought it at BB you could return it there within 30 days??
Well I hope you get it back soon

Yes, I was using stock everything. I hadnt read that, that seems pretty odd.
And I didnt even check with BB, since it was crashed. Im sure they would have told me to call DJI. But now i wish I would have at least asked. I just wanted to get it out asap.

any fix for it.. I am having the same issues

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S