DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cracked FR Leg Antenna - Options/Opinions?

MavicHavic2019

Reactions
Hi All!

Well, it happened...Crash!

My drone: Mavic Pro Platinum

Long story short, I managed to break the front-right leg and cracked the upper (closer to the body of the drone than the ground) portion of the antenna. I would like to know what my options are.
  1. Is it ok to use (just get a new leg)?
  2. Glue back together and get a new leg?
  3. Replace the antenna only with a new leg?
  4. Buy a new arm?
  5. Or other?
Also, any recommendations for purchasing new parts?

Attachments

• 20191115_152115.jpg
    20191115_152115.jpg
    676 KB · Views: 48
  • 20191115_152209.jpg
    20191115_152209.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 46
  • 20191115_152318.jpg
    20191115_152318.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
if it were me i would change the antenna and the leg that houses it ,just check the folding arm for any damage where it hinges to the body it might be easier to replace the whole arm if it comes complete with the antenna fitted what ever way you go i believe there will be some soldering needed

I cracked two legs by pure harmonic vibration from leg extensions. I took them off, no more cracks. Tried gluing with cyanoacrylate. Doesn't hold. So I just bought two new legs.

Now in the case that you smooshed your drone, I like what @old man mavic said.

Reactions: old man mavic
Well, it's hard to swallow, but perhaps a new arm is the best course of action. I am not great at soldering...I suppose now is the time to learn. I assume clean all connections well and flux everything is key?

Thank you, for your suggestions!

Prob less than $100 repair

click here for your free inspection free shipping BOTH WAYS you only pay if we fix

If you want to fix yourself you can buy the arm here but please be careful w/ the core board ($300 part) when soldering

I purchased a new arm with leg and motor. I haven't had a chance to work on it yet. It will require soldering. I intend to practice soldering on other circuit boards prior to working on the Mavic.

Reactions: Skyflyer129
I cracked two legs by pure harmonic vibration from leg extensions. I took them off, no more cracks. Tried gluing with cyanoacrylate. Doesn't hold. So I just bought two new legs.

Now in the case that you smooshed your drone, I like what @old man mavic said.
Me too!! I do not use those anymore over a year now. No cracks!!

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Me too!! I do not use those anymore over a year now. No cracks!!
Well I’m glad I did a forum search about retracted legs on Mavics, I was all ready to purchase. But, now I’m rethinking that after reading through this thread. Thanks for posting.
Blue skies.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake