DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cracked Gimbal

Brandon R

Reactions
After months of waiting I finally received my Mavic on Monday! Didn't get to fly it until yesterday (twice) and while looking it over just a minute ago deciding if I have enough time for another flight I notice a crack in the gimbal. Has anyone else heard of, or had this issue or has my luck reared its ugly head again?!?

1a205e27540138997cc87d75b503842b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I saw two posts here in the past week that showed that piece completely broken away from the gimbal. You should definitely return your Mavic and get a replacement.

Huh I missed them, I sent an email to DJI so I started the process. This sucks even more since I sold my P3P.

After months of waiting I finally received my Mavic on Monday! Didn't get to fly it until yesterday (twice) and while looking it over just a minute ago deciding if I have enough time for another flight I notice a crack in the gimbal. Has anyone else heard of, or had this issue or has my luck reared its ugly head again?!?

1a205e27540138997cc87d75b503842b.jpg

That is certainly not acceptable. Looks like the screw was over tightened. Get a replacement!

After looking alittle closer it appears that piece is actually just a guard for the wiring and what I'm gonna call a pivot arm

That was my first thought but would they actually send that particular part? Would be great if I could get one off a crashed mavic

No. DJI is going to make you send your Mavic in to be repaired.

let's hope they don't say you are the one responsible for it. I had to return mine 2 weeks ago to BB after 1 flight when the gimbal became non responsive. They had more in stock on Sunday and I placed a new order... only for it to be lost in the West Coast with UPS... perhaps I am not meant to have a Mavic and stick with the P4P.

I have the same issue on mine, but it is much less noticeable. I'm thinking of just letting it go....would have never noticed it if I didn't know to look. It appears to be just a wire guard, and in the case of mine it has no impact on performance at all. I see it taking a long time for them to fix at the moment with the shipping times being pushed back again. May get it fixed eventually (or use care refresh) but not immediately.

I contacted DJI and they told me to send everything, the whole fly more package, and the only options they gave me was a refund or replacement. Layer, I've been thinking the same thing but I'll probably send it in after already submitting the issue, I may drag sending it off for a week though, just to get a few flights in at the camp next weekend.

Reactions: roflyer
I just noticed a crack in my gimbal...
Now to see if DigitalRev will replace it...

Attachments

• 20170206_130417.jpg
    20170206_130417.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 233
Will DigitalRev cover warranty ? Is it not cover by DJI ?
I'm not sure which way to go...
I have just emailed DR and since they are sleeping at the moment, I'll have to wait to see if I have a reply to my email tomorrow...

I will keep you posted...

I'm not sure which way to go...
I have just emailed DR and since they are sleeping at the moment, I'll have to wait to see if I have a reply to my email tomorrow...

I will keep you posted...
I appreciate. I'm considering to order from Digitalrev.

Looks like it makes sense to carefully back those screws out a very small amount to relieve any potential over pressure whether it is cracked or not

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS

Reactions: bvsolutions
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian