DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cracked rear left arm module (motor area only)

chrisgangai

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I was flying my Mini in between our townhouse buildings which is about a street two car widths apart. It's hard to tell by footage how close I was to the sidewalls and sure enough, a gust of wind pushed it close enough and the drone slammed into a garage door, launching it to the ground.

The left rear motor (mount?) cracked and bent a little. I tried bending it back and completely snapped the plastic, however, it's still intact and seems like I can crazy glue it.

Has anyone done this before? Or do you just replace the whole arm and how easy is it?

Note: I do have a two-year accidental damage warranty from Best Buy which will cover the repairs, however, they are saying because of Covid it could take up to 30 - 60 days to repair or replace. I wish I had that time or even a backup, but I don't have either. Honestly, I've got a video/photoshoot scheduled next week!

HELP!!?!? Pictures attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9385.jpg
    IMG_9385.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9386.jpg
    IMG_9386.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9387.jpg
    IMG_9387.jpg
    801.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9388.jpg
    IMG_9388.jpg
    869.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_9389.jpg
    IMG_9389.jpg
    914.4 KB · Views: 23
I wouldn't use crazy glue. Crazy glue doesn't have very good shear strength. A good epoxy used sparingly is best!

I wouldn't use crazy glue. Crazy glue doesn't have very good shear strength. A good epoxy used sparingly is best!

Thanks for the tip, looks JB Weld RC Epoxy glue is pretty solid and will give that a try next time. I was actually able to return my drone back to Best Buy and get a new one because it was within the return period. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada