Hello
Today I found some cracks in my mavic air 2
Just above the hinges for the front arms
Does anyone has these too?
Mailed dji about it still waiting for answer
b0b63426367cacf36c9657fb7049a7ed.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: eaglesurfing
How do you open up your arms? Do you just 'open' them and let them 'snap' into position, or do you carefully hold them and 'move' them into position?

I have learned to be very 'gentle' with my MA2 (learned this from the MM).

3 places in particular:

1/ Opening & folding the arms;
2/ Inserting & removing the battery;
3/ Removing & replacing the gimbal cover.

These things ARE somewhat delicate and need to be treated/handled with care.

Just my personal opinion.

I just noticed today the same cracks. Unfortunately the live support is not working on the weekend. What response did you get from DJI?

• Sad
Reactions: itsneedtokno
They said it was my fault they found more scratches and said I would have been crashed sometime
Had to pay for new shell
I did because I was in a hurry and had no time to argue with this slow email service from them
They sended a new one
But not for free
Not happy
Will check the new one every flight for cracks.

• Sad
Reactions: itsneedtokno
How do you open up your arms? Do you just 'open' them and let them 'snap' into position, or do you carefully hold them and 'move' them into position?

I have learned to be very 'gentle' with my MA2 (learned this from the MM).

3 places in particular:

1/ Opening & folding the arms;
2/ Inserting & removing the battery;
3/ Removing & replacing the gimbal cover.

These things ARE somewhat delicate and need to be treated/handled with care.

Just my personal opinion.
Your pretty well correct on #1 & #2. If you let go of the arms and let them snap to a open I can see damage occurring in time. Also if you press the battery down in the bay it also creates stress points. But #3. I dont see that this can crack the plastic around the arms pivotal point.

Well, I'm the **** type, so I dont let the arms snap to an open nor insert battery unless drone is off the counter surface and held in hand... So my cracks are definitely stress cracks. Since I only flew in the summer I have to eliminate taken the drone from hot to cold or Visa versa....

Your pretty well correct on #1 & #2. If you let go of the arms and let them snap to a open I can see damage occurring in time. Also if you press the battery down in the bay it also creates stress points. But #3. I dont see that this can crack the plastic around the arms pivotal point.

Well, I'm the **** type, so I dont let the arms snap to an open nor insert battery unless drone is off the counter surface and held in hand... So my cracks are definitely stress cracks. Since I only flew in the summer I have to eliminate taken the drone from hot to cold or Visa versa....

No..no....!

No 3 is not related to the cracks. It is just something in general that I also take extra care with.

My crack over my arms pivotal point mimics yours and my Mavic never crashed nor had a hard landing nor opened arms aggressively. So if your criteria meets mine than one can conclude there a on going issue with the integrity of the plastic.
Keep in mind, in general there are two main types of plastics and these are named Thermoplastics and Thermosetting Plastics. Thermoplastics are made up of lines of molecules with few cross linkages. This allows them to soften when heated and to be bent into a variety of shapes and forms. So the analogy I use to compare the forming of the plastic is this....when a baby is developed in the womb and the genetic information that is used as the building blocks of forming a normal healthy body is perfectly generated and formed, the baby comes out perfectly, you know, all 10 fingers all ten toes is the saying. Well, plastics basically goes through the same process to form. If the molecule structure is form correctly and the entire process is done without flaw with correct heat correct pressure and most importantly a non contaminated fixture or form the plastics is going to perform as intended....usually the #1 problem that plastics fail in long term is contamination even pressure thats not regulated can be detrimental to a good outcome. My guess is pressure, heat and the possibility of a contamination is the culprit.

Last edited:
Reactions: ross_impress
Hello
Today I found some cracks in my mavic air 2
Just above the hinges for the front arms
Does anyone has these too?
Mailed dji about it still waiting for answer
b0b63426367cacf36c9657fb7049a7ed.jpg
Same issue here. I'm sending mine back to DJI for repair. I don't have DJI Care Refresh. I purchased my drone back in August, 2020. Never crashed or abused.

Attachments

• Mavic Air 2 Stress Crack.jpg
    Mavic Air 2 Stress Crack.jpg
    502.9 KB · Views: 44
Mine is with dji as we speak for the same problem.. along with weak rc signals. I should be hearing their assessment in the next day or so.

I would sure like to hear what is causing these cracks because I fly the hell out of mine hard banking turns in sport mode and I've checked it and have no cracks so let us all know and good luck with DJI...

I would sure like to hear what is causing these cracks because I fly the hell out of mine hard banking turns in sport mode and I've checked it and have no cracks so let us all know and good luck with DJI...
Those cracks seem to be caused by the front arms flexing upward at the pivot points, like when someone is pressing down too hard when inserting the battery into the quad while it's on a flat surface with the arms extended.

I've come to the conclusion that its from flying in sport mode. I know how I have handled mine and how I put batteries in.. the only other thing I can come up with is flying in sport and letting the ac come to an abrupt stop.. you can tell its under stress when that happens. That being said.. letting go of the sticks after flying at full speed should have been designed for..

Same here.. I received a replacement at no charge.. I did have a second issue also and I don't know if that's what warranted the replacement.

At any rate.. they stated the damage was not from pilot error.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s