DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash! and Gimbal issues...

JeanVos

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I crashed her about two weeks ago into a tree. I thought I broke nothing and was quite impressed. Then I noticed some vibration on the camera (yellowed video) especially when the wind is blowing. I received a "Gimbal overload" error once or twice as well. I also noticed that sometimes when it goes through the startup routine that the camera hits the frame with a "tick-tick" :))) noise. I discovered that the little L-bracked on the camera base plate was broken and I replaced it with a new one. The tick-tick is still there...

I have doen a firmware upgrade, recalibrated the IMU and the Gimbal with no issues. All seem to be working perfectly; it still "ticks" me off and the camera still give me this yello issue (sometimes) . Can it be that the little elastics on the base plate is damaged (stretched)? It's almost if the gimbal is too loose...

Can it be the ribbon cable although all seem fine?

Regards

Reactions: kentfin
Can it be that the little elastics on the base plate is damaged (stretched)?
The rubber bands are almost always the first thing that break. Maybe they stretch out as well sometimes, sounds plausible. You could order a baseplate complete with the rubbers at Banggood. Not very expensive (around 15$ total if I remember correctly). Maybe that fixes your problem. If not, send it to DJI I guess.

Did you ever get this fixed? I have the exact same problem, including the drop from a tree. What came out of all of this? Need to know, homie!

Jack

No, I changed the base plate and rubber bands, but it still gives me the error every now and then. Irritating...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom