DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash & Gimbal Clamp No Longer Fits

Adoniram72

Reactions
I recently crashed my Mavic and was receiving repeated gimbal errors that a gimbal calibration would not fix. Furthermore, the gimbal clamp hasn't fit since and the body of the gimbal seems to now be hanging lower, I've attached a link to some pictures but the gimbal clamp also no longer fits. There appear to be some rubber supports that now extend further out and a small hook that I'm not sure the gimbal sat above prior to the crash.
YAghU

I have Care Refresh and intended to send it back but support asked me to run a IMU Calibration and then another gimbal calibration. To my surprise, running both cleared the error message. It doesn't seem to be affecting video quality.

That being said, it doesn't fix the problem that something seems to be wrong with the gimbal. Am I crazy to think that a) this is a problem b) I should be able to send the Mavic back under Care Refresh?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3777.jpg
    IMG_3777.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3779.jpg
    IMG_3779.jpg
    904.6 KB · Views: 55
The gimbal plate needs to go under the L bracket. Dont be afraid to use a little force. After you get that level, see if you get any error message in DJI Go, and post them up here. If you get anything like, "gimbal obstructed" or "gimbal overload" some other damage may have occurred.

Plate above L bracket 2.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes, the L bracket broke off...surprised that's made out of plastic and not metal. I'm not getting any errors...can I expect this to impact video quality?

Had the same problem myself, except my L bracket hasn't been broken. Actually those little "Arms" in the front side of the gimble were above their little metal hoods instead of under them. Just pushed them under these covers with little pressure and everything works. And the gimble clamp fits also!

Should I be concerned about further damage to the gimbal?

Best regards.

Had the same problem myself, except my L bracket hasn't been broken. Actually those little "Arms" in the front side of the gimble were above their little metal hoods instead of under them. Just pushed them under these covers with little pressure and everything works. And the gimble clamp fits also!

Should I be concerned about further damage to the gimbal?

Best regards.

Look for any error messages such as "Abnormal Gimbal Vibration." If your video is stable, gimbal is running smoothly, and you dont hear any strange noises coming from your gimbal, you might be ok.

Terrible advice Thunder Drones "The gimbal plate needs to go under the L bracket. Dont be afraid to use a little force.". I just tried using a "little force" and the L bracket broke just like the OP. Not fun

There appear to be some rubber supports that now extend further out and a small hook that I'm not sure the gimbal sat above prior to the crash.

I just tried using a "little force" and the L bracket broke just like the OP. Not fun

Were your supports extending further out? If not, then your problem was not "just like" the OPs. Yes, if you push straight down on that piece it will break. As mentioned, it is plastic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka