DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash - How I got Mavic Repaired

Dronix

Reactions
I recently flew my 100th flight (Mavic & Spark) and absolutely love the hobby. I don't have experience fixing drones. A few weeks ago I fly my Mavic into a tree and it had a hard fall to the ground - the Ribbon was torn and my Gimbal was damaged. Hearing so many issues about dealing with DJI for repairs / service made me not want anything to do with any of their "service plans". I decided to send it to Thunderdrones for evaluation. Thunderdrones was excellent to work with and they were blazing fast - it only took 2 days for my Mavic to get repaired. FYI - it took an additional 4-5 days for shipping and a day for the evaluation. So, it's very possible to have a broken Mavic (Ribbon / Gimbal) back within 7 - 10 days of an Accident. If anyone has a problem with their Mavic I highly recommend them to reach out to Thunderdrones for advice, if you don't like Thunderdrone's advice then go elsewhere! Start with Thunderdrones!

I recently flew my 100th flight (Mavic & Spark) and absolutely love the hobby. I don't have experience fixing drones. A few weeks ago I fly my Mavic into a tree and it had a hard fall to the ground - the Ribbon was torn and my Gimbal was damaged. Hearing so many issues about dealing with DJI for repairs / service made me not want anything to do with any of their "service plans". I decided to send it to Thunderdrones for evaluation. Thunderdrones was excellent to work with and they were blazing fast - it only took 2 days for my Mavic to get repaired. FYI - it took an additional 4-5 days for shipping and a day for the evaluation. So, it's very possible to have a broken Mavic (Ribbon / Gimbal) back within 7 - 10 days of an Accident. If anyone has a problem with their Mavic I highly recommend them to reach out to Thunderdrones for advice, if you don't like Thunderdrone's advice then go elsewhere! Start with Thunderdrones!

Thank you so much @Dronix for your post. I appreciate it.

Thank you for the information, it good to keep that kind of stuff in the back of our minds.
I would like to know though some particulars about the crash, specifically why the sensors did not prevent the issue. Were you flying sideways?

In response as to why I crashed - my friend had recently purchased a Mavic and we were in his back-yard fooling around. His backyard is full of trees, a zip line, and plenty of other obstacles. I was in Sport Mode and I guess "showing off". I flew up into a tree at a high rate of speed. 100% user error. I shouldn't have been in Sport Mode in a clustered back yard full of obstacles.

Lessons are never free! Glad you didn't have to work with DJI. You probably would have gotten someone else's mavic back instead of yours.

Reactions: Enigma
If you need your mp fixing drone worx midlands are brill I rang them up to sort my mavic out he was brill and was going to get it picked up and dropped off , but dji got back intouch with me and we sorted it :))) but I'd defo ring them if I need owt :))

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair