DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash landing

WestcoastMini

Reactions
Hello,

I was out flying today and manually flew my mini2 back to myself without (RTH) When descending in all three flight modes the drone always slows down a few feet above ground before landing then you get an audible sound saying “Landing” This time.... It didn’t slow down and just hit the ground in sport mode. The sensors didn’t detect ground. My Mini2 is fine and flew just fine afterwards.

I did a few tests and it came down how it was supposed but then again later on it did the same thing. This time I recognized it wasn’t going to stop.

Anyone experience this with their mini2 ?

Thanks for any help.

Hello,

I was out flying today and manually flew my mini2 back to myself without (RTH) When descending in all three flight modes the drone always slows down a few feet above ground before landing then you get an audible sound saying “Landing” This time.... It didn’t slow down and just hit the ground in sport mode. The sensors didn’t detect ground. My Mini2 is fine and flew just fine afterwards.

I did a few tests and it came down how it was supposed but then again later on it did the same thing. This time I recognized it wasn’t going to stop.

Thanks for any help.
Are you landing on a pad?

Hello,

Thanks for any help.
Are the sensors off in sport mode?

I’m still learning but got in the habit of landing/taking off from my hand!
saves getting dust,sand etc in the machine and is a nice soft spot should anything go wrong

Reactions: WestcoastMini
I’m still learning but got in the habit of landing/taking off from my hand!
saves getting dust,sand etc in the machine and is a nice soft spot should anything go wrong
Yeah that's ok for some, but check out the cuts from hand catching on you tube or this forum when something went wrong.

Reactions: Zeke
Hello,

Thanks for any help.
Never land in Sports mode, the aircraft has greater stopping distances in Sports mode. You have been advised, obviously the same when flying horizontal, increased stopping distance needs to accounted for.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom