DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash Mavic Air, unable to abort RTH

demeeb

Reactions
Hi,

EDITED

Unfortunately my Air crashed today and I am working on my Aircrash Investigation:)
Any input and wisdom very much appreciated!
It was flying indoors, ATTI mode was on and an automated RTH was activated due to low battery.
I immediately tried to cancel the RTH but this was not possible (the app did no cancel the RTH) and the aircraft crashed to the ceiling.
These questions come up:
- The Mavic Air flies in GPS or ATTI, in ATTI you can not abort RTH?
- Is there a way to disable automated RTH in settings? (I red about 'land' as an low battery action on the Pro but have no found it on the AIr)

Any other advise which could have prevented this crash?
Thanks

CORRECTION:
I checked the FlightRecord again and discovered GPS mode was still active at the time of the first hit (logged motor obstruction). the ATTI-mode was activated 4 seconds later when the aircraft was already on the ground.
Which leaves me with the question why RTH (low battery action) in GPS-mode could not be cancelled.

Last edited:
HI,
Unfortunately my Air crashed today and I am working on my Aircrash Investigation:)
Any input and wisdom very much appreciated!
It was flying indoors, ATTI mode was on (GPS lost) and an automated RTH was activated due to low battery.
I immediately tried to cancel the RTH but this was not possible (the app did no cancel the RTH) and the aircraft crashed to the ceiling.
These questions come up:
- The Mavic Air flies in GPS or ATTI, in ATTI you can not abort RTH?
- Is there a way to disable automated RTH in settings? (I red about 'land' as an low battery action on the Pro but have no found it on the AIr)

Any other advise which could have prevented this crash?
Thanks

Rap it in Tinfoil[emoji23] it actually works

Pointless answer, that's to prevent from getting GPS signal but he said he already didn't have any.

The Pause button and sport mode switch are your friends to cancel an automated action.

The Pause button and sport mode switch are your friends to cancel an automated action.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I did'nt know that. THe Pause button cancels the automated RTH action anytime?

When flying in doors can you set return to home to hover or land?

There are many criteria's RTH is enabled. When it initiates RTH, there are several ways it will follow based on criteria's such as distance from where you are flying to changing certain criteria's in the settings menu on the remote to the drone to do certain things when it does get initiated. Sorry I'm being vague but I would read the manual specifically the RTH section. It isn't as clear as it goes home to you directly....well it does go home to you directly but depends on the how. Of course, GPS plays a role in the whole thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom