DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed drone

cole_wez

Reactions
So my drone just flew into a wall...
I had just updated my drone so I took off and put it into sport and started flying. Seconds after I started going, my controller disconnected and the drone kept moving. Normally the drone should hover when the controller loses signal but this time it went full speed into a wall and I had no control over the drone. I am not sure if I can get a replacement so I am coming here to see if I can get some advise. I attached pictures is anyone wants to see what 40mph backwards into a cement wall looks like[emoji20]1543087230022.jpeg1543087205204.jpeg1543087614306.jpeg

Flying backwards in sport mode? More info would be needed to help provide you with why this happened. Repair may not be worthwhile.
Thunderdrones would be the one to ask on repair.

Flying backwards in sport mode? More info would be needed to help provide you with why this happened. Repair may not be worthwhile.
Thunderdrones would be the one to ask on repair.
Tis merely a flesh wound.
-Rob

Reactions: Bobby Brown
Could you please post your flight log?
DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help
I tried uploading the flight but I could not find the file on my phone so I attached a screenshot of the whole flight and marked in red my estimation of where it lost connection, at that spot the speed and altitude readings drop to zero but in reality the drone had gone in reverse and into a wall. When I started flying in reverse it appears that the drone immediately lost connection but the flight view shows that it kept flying forwards. This is all very strange and i believe that the crash was due to an error in the programming as that happened right after an update.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1496407553.jpg
    Snapchat-1496407553.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • Snapchat-1496407553.jpg
    Snapchat-1496407553.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Just a question. Where were you in relation to home point when this occurred?

I tried uploading the flight but I could not find the file on my phone so I attached a screenshot of the whole flight and marked in red my estimation of where it lost connection, at that spot the speed and altitude readings drop to zero but in reality the drone had gone in reverse and into a wall. When I started flying in reverse it appears that the drone immediately lost connection but the flight view shows that it kept flying forwards. This is all very strange and i believe that the crash was due to an error in the programming as that happened right after an update.

It might be a hardware issue - not likely but possible. It's not going to be a programming bug. But you are not going to know exactly what happened if you don't retrieve the log file. Either you didn't follow the instructions or you did not look very hard for the file.

Reactions: JDawg
what do you mean you can’t find the log on your phone? If you can manage to see it in the GO app it’s there.

The disconnect probably occurred after you flew backwards into the wall. You might expect that.

what do you mean you can’t find the log on your phone? If you can manage to see it in the GO app it’s there.

The disconnect probably occurred after you flew backwards into the wall. You might expect that.
Is there a way to post the flight on here? It's only a little over a minute

Is there a way to post the flight on here?
You can, but the video is of no use to anyone. If you want to know what happened, post your log as instructed in reply #6 above (follow the link in it). Experts are literally standing by to help. If you don’t or won’t upload those log files, no one can help you.

Reactions: cole_wez
Here is the log

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-11-24_[11-01-16][1]csv.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DJIFlightRecord_2018-11-24_[11-01-16][1]csv.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 5
I find it strange that the log shows nothing saying that I flew closer to the home point. My only thought is that right as I flew backwards, it disconnected and continued flying. The reason for the negative altitude is because where I took off from is above the beach so I dropped down to get some nice shots.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada