DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic. Can it be repaired?

Sphynx

Reactions
My apologies if this is in the wrong thread. I've had my Mavic 2.5 years without incident, until today. I misjudged my height and crashed into a power line at 50 feet in the air, crashing down onto a concrete sidewalk. Does anyone know if this can be repaired? I know there are newer, better versions out there but this thing has been around the world with me and its got a ton of sentimental value so I'd really like to get it repaired, if that's even possible. From what I can see, both rear legs are broken, the camera lens is dangling and cracked, and there is quite a bit of front end damage as well. I still can't believe how big of an idiot I am for doing this. Thanks in advancement for any help.

Attachments

• thumbnail-1.jpg
    thumbnail-1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 87
  • thumbnail-2.jpg
    thumbnail-2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 86
  • thumbnail-3.jpg
    thumbnail-3.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 84
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 81
My apologies if this is in the wrong thread. I've had my Mavic 2.5 years without incident, until today. I misjudged my height and crashed into a power line at 50 feet in the air, crashing down onto a concrete sidewalk. Does anyone know if this can be repaired? I know there are newer, better versions out there but this thing has been around the world with me and its got a ton of sentimental value so I'd really like to get it repaired, if that's even possible. From what I can see, both rear legs are broken, the camera lens is dangling and cracked, and there is quite a bit of front end damage as well. I still can't believe how big of an idiot I am for doing this. Thanks in advancement for any help.
Contact DJI Drone Service COA their website or message @djidroneservice here. They ship and diagnose free.

Thanks so much for the help. I submitted a request online. Looks like they're (understandably) closed until further notice due to COVID-19 so I may have to wait a while, which is fine. I'm just REALLY hoping it's fixable.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
sorry for the loss of your drone ,i know you have had it for a long time,and at the moment you are mad at yourself for crashing it ,the best way to think about it,is accept the fact that it has served you well and retire it to a safe place you still have all the video and pics you have gathered over time
i say this not to be disrespectful ,and even if the cost of repair,was not an issue for you,the drone you end up with will not be the same, with so many new parts married to other old parts,it might not even fly the same way,
get the latest mavic ,and enjoy that one the same way,and as you fly you will have all those memories of your original mavic

. and even if the cost of repair,was not an issue for you,the drone you end up with will not be the same, with so many new parts married to other old parts,it might not even fly the same way,
No disrespect omm but that’s not necessarily so.
Just because say your wife had some sort of illness and
wasnt going to be the same would you retire her.
It might fly just fine after it was repaired.
Just the way I look at it.

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks so much for the help. I submitted a request online. Looks like they're (understandably) closed until further notice due to COVID-19 so I may have to wait a while, which is fine. I'm just REALLY hoping it's fixable.
Follow the link Thomas B sent, DJI & djidroneservice.com are not the same place. I think they will be open and are worth a try. Obviously it does look to be in very bad shape though. I've heard the mavic air 2 was expected to be out late this month, but who knows.

Reactions: DDS and pelagic_one
Reactions: DDS
It looks to me like its quite fixable there is a guy who fixes DJI Mavic Drones and is very good, His name is Rob he was on this forum for many years, not sure why he left, he repairs Mavics very reasonably usually a lot cheaper than DJI he also carries a huge amount of second hand spare parts for Mavic Pros pretty sure his workshop is at home so he should be operating even with Covid19, give him a try anyway cant help, have a look at his web site ir explains everything he does its a good site, his contacts are
Owner: Rob Schwartz
Web Page: Thunder Drones – Specializing In Dji Drones
Ph.: 678-763-4427
FX: 678-763-4427
Facebook: THUNDERDRONES
Youtube: THUNDERDRONES
Em: [email protected]
Add: 3780 OLD NORCROSS RD SUITE 103-332
DULUTH, GEORGIA 30096 USA

Cheers Dx

It looks to me like its quite fixable there is a guy who fixes DJI Mavic Drones and is very good, His name is Rob he was on this forum for many years, not sure why he left, he repairs Mavics very reasonably usually a lot cheaper than DJI he also carries a huge amount of second hand spare parts for Mavic Pros pretty sure his workshop is at home so he should be operating even with Covid19, give him a try anyway cant help, have a look at his web site ir explains everything he does its a good site, his contacts are
Owner: Rob Schwartz
Web Page: Thunder Drones – Specializing In Dji Drones
Ph.: 678-763-4427
FX: 678-763-4427
Facebook: THUNDERDRONES
Youtube: THUNDERDRONES
Em: [email protected]
Add: 3780 OLD NORCROSS RD SUITE 103-332
DULUTH, GEORGIA 30096 USA

Cheers Dx
You might recommend him but I dont.JMO
As for why he’s gone.

No disrespect omm but that’s not necessarily so.
Just because say your wife had some sort of illness and
wasnt going to be the same would you retire her.
It might fly just fine after it was repaired.
Just the way I look at it.
no problem Dc my post was just my opinion ,and i did not say he should not get it repaired,just offering an alternative,cant really compare your drone to your wife ,(or can you),after the impact that his drone suffered it would be mostly new anyway

no problem Dc my post was just my opinion ,and i did not say he should not get it repaired,just offering an alternative,cant really compare your drone to your wife ,(or can you),after the impact that his drone suffered it would be mostly new anyway
I do.?

You might recommend him but I dont.JMO
As for why he’s gone.
JMO Afraid to ask what that stands for ?

I wish I knew why he was really gone.

That post simply implies he didn’t follow guidelines. No where can I find evidence that he did not do good repairs. Of course all that means is I didn’t find any and I don’t really have a personal opinion one way or the other.

Googling thunder drones brings up glowing reviews which of course to some degree can be enhanced. But I don’t see the usual telltale signs fake reviews. And more than a few are on this site.

The thing is it might be the perfect option for the OP as his drone is out of warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Send it in for a free quote and diagnostic, free shipping both ways and as always you only pay if we fix.

use mavicpilots for $35 off the repair should you decide to proceed

JMO Afraid to ask what that stands for ?
JMO = Just My Opinion
I wish I knew why he was really gone.
All you need to know is in that link and I will not discuss
it anymore and that is all that will be said.
You want more information message our Admin Clackey.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000