DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic Repairable or Not ?

Ben74

Reactions
Hi there,

Turns out I've finally managed to crash my beloved bird the Mavic Pro at its 72th flight .. As I just wanted to play with some of my home village landscape I really was attracted with ..

Here's what my phone keeped of the crash, the backward cliff with some wind just stabbed me in the back at the end of the video ..

And here are the final pics in order to diagnosis is this repairable or not ??

( the drone powers up, connects but the app shows lots of errors .. gimbal, camera and ESC )

Should I send it to DJI care or should I right away find a link where I can buy the drone again ? ( without the transmitter of course .. ) I'm also ashamed I didn't suscribed to the DJI Care refresh now ..

Thanks a lot for any enlightment, comments, notice and compassion:)

Last edited:
If you have purchased the dji refresh it should cover this unless you have broken two more already.
According to the refresh documentation I have read, it is to cover things like this.
If you didn't get DJI care refresh, then you might send it to them, it might be repairable (seems unlikely, but worth a try).

Guy
:)

Hi there,

Turns out I've finally managed to crash my beloved bird the Mavic Pro at its 72th flight .. As I just wanted to play with some of my home village landscape I really was attracted with ..

Here's what my phone keeped of the crash, the backward cliff with some wind just stabbed me in the back at the end of the video ..

And here are the final pics in order to diagnosis is this repairable or not ?? https://flic.kr/s/aHskMYG8WH ( the drone connects but the app shows lots of errors .. )

Should I send it to DJI care or should I right away find a link where I can buy the drone again ? ( without the transmitter of course .. ) I'm also ashamed I didn't suscribed to the DJI Care refresh now ..

Thanks a lot for any enlightment, comments, notice and compassion:)

You need to start a repair order with DJI. They will fix it up, even if you don't have dji care. I crashed mine badly and got mine replaced for $189. New Mavic and controller. Initially they tried to fix with quoted price on 189. After 5 days they alerted that it was fixed, but in reality it was replaced with new serial numbers.

Almost as bad. My camera and gimbal detached. Had 2 arms replaced and the top cover also was bent like yours. I'll dig up some pictures.

Reactions: wyodirt
Ben, sorry to see your Mavvie RIP. I concur with Cyber that I would get an RMA and send it in. At least you get an estimate for repair and can determine if it is worth buying a new one sans controller or having them fix it.

The footage was amazing.....

Reactions: Keaco
There is currently a forum bug that does not allow photos placed with the Gallery tool to show up in the mobile app. I have already alerted the forum admins and they are working on a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That sucks i crashed mine indoor maybe from 3 feet drone had fwe scratches
And got gimbal overload error not a scratch on gimbal or camera all motors
Ware working fine camera was transmitting cause got the video
So I looked around see if I can find someone who has same problem final found guy on YouTube exactly same problem so I asked him if he knows what was wrong he said it was gimbal control board so I send my bird thinking it's not going to be much money. Got the invoice and it's like $430 all for arms battery gimbal and camera top cover middle frame so I called them and try to dispute spoke with 3 managers telling them i want camera repaird over a week period got 4 invoices basically all same the last manager told me that they don't have parts and basically they just replace drones
Finally got them to reduce my bill by removing the battery and applying discount of $70 bringing total to 271 still way more then it should be. And I requested that the old gimbal and camera back we'll see if they will send it. I don't have dji refresh. got all conversations recorded .The thing I don't understand how is that manufacturer repair shop don't have spare parts wtf.

right now, every part going into production is my guess. In 6 months they will be hanging on the racks at hobby shops and all over eBay. A few on eBay and some scrappers on the board here but right now I bet they are running the injection molders at 110% on the reactor just to build new birds.

That sucks i crashed mine indoor maybe from 3 feet drone had fwe scratches
And got gimbal overload error not a scratch on gimbal or camera all motors
Ware working fine camera was transmitting cause got the video
So I looked around see if I can find someone who has same problem final found guy on YouTube exactly same problem so I asked him if he knows what was wrong he said it was gimbal control board so I send my bird thinking it's not going to be much money. Got the invoice and it's like $430 all for arms battery gimbal and camera top cover middle frame so I called them and try to dispute spoke with 3 managers telling them i want camera repaird over a week period got 4 invoices basically all same the last manager told me that they don't have parts and basically they just replace drones
Finally got them to reduce my bill by removing the battery and applying discount of $70 bringing total to 271 still way more then it should be. And I requested that the old gimbal and camera back we'll see if they will send it. I don't have dji refresh. got all conversations recorded .The thing I don't understand how is that manufacturer repair shop don't have spare parts wtf.
I can't really make this out.....language barrier?

I can't really make this out.....language barrier?

I am English as a second language sorry that you have hard time reading this

Basically cost of repair for my mavic should be $17 for gimbal control board + $65 labor total $82
They say that I need to replace all the parts specified in post totalling $430 with labor.
Because they don't have parts to repair mavic. So they just replace them with refurbished one.

I am English as a second language sorry that you have hard time reading this

Basically cost of repair for my mavic should be $17 for gimbal control board + $65 labor total $82
They say that I need to replace all the parts specified in post totalling $430 with labor.
Because they don't have parts to repair mavic. So they just replace them with refurbished one.
Looks like you got the price down at least.

Looks like you got the price down at least.
The thing is you me or you can't replace board because it is married to camera
But they have tools and software to do It.
When you look on dji website you can find
Repair price chart for replaceable parts
After talking with support and managers they didn't even know about they had to check for them self because they didn't believe me.
I told them about it because they charged me $179.00 for gimbal and camera when online clearly states that price is 159.00
And all 3-4 invoices had 179.00 price
After confronting them about it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-30-14-52-46.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-30-14-52-46.png
    227 KB · Views: 71
Well I keep on manually doing it, since you never know when to get the controls back .. since I never explored the interface for automated flight functions ..

For everyone who got it repaired, do you know if you MUST have DJI Care? Or can you repair it even if you do not have it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000