DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed MP2

Cashed

Reactions
No excuses here. Messed up big time and crashed my Mavic Pro 2 in my swimming pool. ?
Immediately got it out of pool and did the rice thing for 2 days. Took it out of the rice and blew it out with air compressor. Battery too. Battery came back and lights up fine but Mavic was dead. Sent it to DJI and they didn’t say what had actually failed just that it had failed with no warranty and that it would cost $1287.00 to repair.
So does this mean that the whole drone isn’t any good at all? What would you do with the left overs? Would love to have it repaired but that’s pretty steep. I had rather just buy a new one I think.
Considering sending it to someone else to have them take a look and see what they say. Might be a waste of time Idk.
Any thoughts? Other than my flying skills.

Reactions: Cashed
Sorry for your loss. Should've got DJI Care Refresh or some sort of insurance. It'd be cheaper to replace. A bit too late for that.
Ask DJI to send the drone back to you. Then, try to find a 3rd party repairer that might do it for you. It'll still cost a few hundred bucks though.

No excuses here. Messed up big time and crashed my Mavic Pro 2 in my swimming pool. ?
Immediately got it out of pool and did the rice thing for 2 days. Took it out of the rice and blew it out with air compressor. Battery too. Battery came back and lights up fine but Mavic was dead. Sent it to DJI and they didn’t say what had actually failed just that it had failed with no warranty and that it would cost $1287.00 to repair.
So does this mean that the whole drone isn’t any good at all? What would you do with the left overs? Would love to have it repaired but that’s pretty steep. I had rather just buy a new one I think.
Considering sending it to someone else to have them take a look and see what they say. Might be a waste of time Idk.
Sorry about your M2P. Rice does nothing for electronics and in fact the rice dust could even cause more damage.

As to the battery, I personally would never use any battery after it was in water.

For the drone itself, since it fell in a swimming pool that means chlorine, and chlorine is corrosive. So even if it did fly after you dried it, the damage is now baked in. The electronics would slowly corrode and fail at some point down the line. I would not get it repaired by anyone at this point and just replace it.

As others have said, get it back and try an independent shop. I recommend Seattle Drone Repair,Seattle Drone Repair | Professional, Fast, and Affordable Repairs

I like the MA2 suggestion. Not sure what you’d be giving up. Although you may already be heavily invested in MP2 accessories, in which case replace with another MP2 and save the carcass for non-electronic replacement parts.

I like the MA2 suggestion. Not sure what you’d be giving up. Although you may already be heavily invested in MP2 accessories, in which case replace with another MP2 and save the carcass for non-electronic replacement parts.
That’s the only issue. I have a 4 or 5 hundred dollar iPad, 4 batteries, a 160.00 set of ND filters a case and some smaller accessories. I don’t even know if any of that is interchangeable with another drone. I’d say probably not as selling parts And accessories is a big business.

I would buy another M2P. Just the drone if possible. Get your other one back for spare parts. Take the it apart when you get it back see what’s usable and stop some further corrosion on non electronic parts,

Reactions: pelagic_one
UP DATE!!!
As you can see above I crashed my Mav 2 in our pool last April. It went to the bottom which was 5 feet. It stayed there at least 2 mins before it was retrieved. I did the rice thing for several days and that didn’t work. I blew it out with compressed air. It was dead. Wouldn’t do anything at all. I sent it to DJI and they said they would replace it for 1287.00 if I remember correctly. I figured nah I’ll buy an Air instead. So once DJI returned it to me a couple weeks later I just put the box in the back of my Land Rover. I forgot it was back there but the few times I did see it I thought it’s no good maybe I’ll take it a part one day when I have time. Yesterday my wife found the box in the back of the Rover and opened it, threw the box away and put the drone on our dining table. When I came in I saw it and asked her about it not knowing if she had bought me a new one or not. She said no that’s your old one, I opened the box. I said well it’s no good. She goes why don’t you try it. I said there’s no need I’ve tried it several times even after they sent it back to me but I just left it in the back of the truck in the box. Anyway she said I’d try it before I threw it away or what ever ur gonna do with it. So I put a battery in it and it started right up. I was like whaaaa? Then I charged everything had to do several updates and took it outside and it flew perfectly. Camera worked, video worked. I don’t know how long it will last but it was like brand new.
I live in South Carolina and it gets hot as hades here in summer time. 90 to 100 is normal for 3 or 4 months. It was in the Rover everyday in that heat this past summer and it got down to 30 2 nights ago. I guess it got dried out.
I have my doubts (I could be wrong) that DJI even checked it. I believe it could be standard procedure to just replace them if they get wet. What a nice surprise though. I’m sure salt water would have been a different story but if you get yours wet in forest water there’s a good chance it will fly once it dries out.

UP DATE!!!
As you can see above I crashed my Mav 2 in our pool last April. It went to the bottom which was 5 feet. It stayed there at least 2 mins before it was retrieved. I did the rice thing for several days and that didn’t work. I blew it out with compressed air. It was dead. Wouldn’t do anything at all. I sent it to DJI and they said they would replace it for 1287.00 if I remember correctly. I figured nah I’ll buy an Air instead. So once DJI returned it to me a couple weeks later I just put the box in the back of my Land Rover. I forgot it was back there but the few times I did see it I thought it’s no good maybe I’ll take it a part one day when I have time. Yesterday my wife found the box in the back of the Rover and opened it, threw the box away and put the drone on our dining table. When I came in I saw it and asked her about it not knowing if she had bought me a new one or not. She said no that’s your old one, I opened the box. I said well it’s no good. She goes why don’t you try it. I said there’s no need I’ve tried it several times even after they sent it back to me but I just left it in the back of the truck in the box. Anyway she said I’d try it before I threw it away or what ever ur gonna do with it. So I put a battery in it and it started right up. I was like whaaaa? Then I charged everything had to do several updates and took it outside and it flew perfectly. Camera worked, video worked. I don’t know how long it will last but it was like brand new.
I live in South Carolina and it gets hot as hades here in summer time. 90 to 100 is normal for 3 or 4 months. It was in the Rover everyday in that heat this past summer and it got down to 30 2 nights ago. I guess it got dried out.
I have my doubts (I could be wrong) that DJI even checked it. I believe it could be standard procedure to just replace them if they get wet. What a nice surprise though. I’m sure salt water would have been a different story but if you get yours wet in forest water there’s a good chance it will fly once it dries out.
You might want to have some supplies around if the event ever happens again. Go To PhantomRain site...He details the correct procedure to clear a waterlogged aircraft such as you had. Things happen...glad you got your M2P back :)

UP DATE!!!
Did you check the serial number? Your wife's actions and insistence suggests she had it replaced as a surprise to you.

Or maybe sent it out for repair to someone like DJI Drone Services.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada