DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

!!Crashed My Drone in Sport Mode !!

Doesn't that seem how it happens, not doing anything fancy, but then you are bitten.
Hiya Bilbo your my favorite Bagginses btw
Ive had a lot of close calls but this is my first crash and your right its almost always the things we're not thinking about that get us. Im very glad it didn't mess up the camera gimble , if it had that would of made it a toy

Yep ... I can fit through that gap ... Opps !!!
Expensive....

Ok I guess - the first video didn't give us any perspective as to what you were trying to accomplish. This video shows us what you were trying to accomplish but not what you crashed into when you crashed. So the reward is eveident but the risk is still unknown as to what happened. :)

Reactions: Ds67888
HAHAHA!!!! You made a fun video out of it so thats a plus. It happens. Sucks with a Mavic but fly a Tiny Whoop and its pretty much guaranteed you will :) In that case though i'd say "If you aren't crashin' you arent tryin!!!".

Reactions: Ds67888
Ok I guess - the first video didn't give us any perspective as to what you were trying to accomplish. This video shows us what you were trying to accomplish but not what you crashed into when you crashed. So the reward is eveident but the risk is still unknown as to what happened. :)
the last 8 seconds show... shadow of drone going up... into a tree.
here's another video... no crash; i'm learning... a really good video requires a SPOTTER; another person to call out commands: left/right/up/down; etc.

I answered a phone call yesterday while flying, which I never do, then I had my M2P hovering. All of a sudden I pushed one of the sticks without meaning to. So lesson learned[emoji846]I will never fly and take a call again. Crashed, but no damage.
Hiya Bilbo your my favorite Bagginses btw
Ive had a lot of close calls but this is my first crash and your right its almost always the things we're not thinking about that get us. Im very glad it didn't mess up the camera gimble , if it had that would of made it a toy

Reactions: Stevie T
Do Not Become Complacent

Fly SAFE
It looks from the video as if you were looking down at your mobile device as you flew away rather than looking at the RPA itself. Far too many pilots spend far too much of their time looking away from their aircraft to frame a shot rather than keeping their eyes on it.

Where's the pilot in this video? I also suspect another case of framing the shot rather than keeping VLOS on the aircraft - the tree is prominent in many other shots, so loss of situational awareness is what's mostly happening here. Shame, because it was a fine video (though I'd suggest cross dissolve or straight cut rather than fading to black after each clip).

a really good video requires a SPOTTER; another person to call out commands: left/right/up/down; etc.
I disagree - while a Visual Observer can be useful if there's a chance of the aircraft actually going out of the LOS of the pilot due to structures (or trees), there should only be a need for very quick occasional glances down to the mobile device screen, and thus only very quick looks away from the aircraft. It's perfectly possible to record excellent video single-handed.

I usually have trouble with perspective when it comes to VLOS. As long as I'm flying forward, FPV seems to give me better view.

That's probably where augmented vision would help. Best of both worlds.

FPV is, however, monoscopic so it can't provide perspective (which requires stereoscopic vision). FPV via the camera, whether on a device or googles, also entirely lacks situational awareness as it only provides one direction of view. This is why a VO, constantly physically looking at the RPA with "unaided" vision (other than corrective spectacle lenses), is required by the regs.

Reactions: anotherlab
Do Not Become Complacent

Fly SAFE
An off topic commit . this thread has 2000 views but the video only has 200 or so views . Does anyone know how this happens . Ive noticed only about 10-15 % of my youtube views get counted ? just curious if anyone know why? or if you've even noticed ?

Perhaps people don't want to watch the video?!

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo