DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Drone

Gimbal2019

Reactions
I recently installed Litchi and wanted to go for a flight in my backyard but the weather was not cooperating.
It stopped raining long enough for me to get out there and set things up as per normal only using the Litchi app. I was having trouble getting GPS signal and got impatient because it looked like it would rain again any moment. so my first mistake was getting impatient now my second mistake was flying with an intermittent GPS signal. I let it hover a few feet away from me and it did its usual yaw to one direction (that it does sometimes - scares the S... out of me) but the drone did few other little wiggles on its own that had not done before - still hovering a few feet away. I thought it was because of the poor GPS signal. Common sense lost out to my addiction to fly!!
Well the Mavic Air lost GPS signal then got GPS signal and said had updated home waypoint then lost GPS signal again.
I figured I would be smart and flip it into Sport Mode then I would be in control - ya right - that was just another mistake to pile onto the growing list. I did a couple flybys with huge smile on my face - now I was having FUN!!
I do not know what happened but somehow it felt like I had lost control and I think it went into Atti mode then a split second later it was bouncing off the side of my barn and a tree. The end result was 4 broken Master Airscrew props and a broken arm.
I have DJI Care and the people at DJI have been absolutely great so far and I get the feeling they actually care.
I have confirmation the Mavic Air has arrived at the repair facility and just paid the $69us for a replacement - guess I will have to reregister the drone in Canada and the USA again.
It all adds up to a costly series of avoidable mistakes not to mention the down time of not being able to fly. Hopefully I will learn from my mistakes LOL

Reactions: Gindra
My Mavic Air goes into an ATTI like mode occasionally without any warning and with plenty of GPS signal. The way you can tell is if you do a box like maneuver with stops at each end..it won't stop. it slows down but continues to drift. Normally it will stop quickly. After such an event it generally will require calibrating the controller by beeping and not connecting before the next flight. I always re-calibrate ..if I think of it... and a couple of times it has needed to be re-calibrated again. I had it drift into my house when I first got it and thought it was my fault. Got it repaired but...learned that it might not always respond like I expect. I used to fly my Phantom in ATTI mode with gusty winds just for practice and I don't think the Air is in full ATTI mode but it's sure not holding it's place like it should at times.

At least you had cover. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent