DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mavic (my fault)

more.adri

Reactions
Hello!

Yesterday I was trying my new Mavic and I crashed it when trying to take off (It was weird because when I took off instead of going vertically and hover, it went diagonal).

I broke one of the front landing legs (the antenna is fine I think) and the gimbal doesn't move at all (tried to calibrate, stuck at 5%) but the camera works fine. It could be a flex cable problem right?

I have a dilemma. Should I send it to DJI (don't have dji refresh) or try to replace the flex cable myself and change the landing leg? I read several posts and I'm not sure if DJI changes the whole gimbal (very expensive repair) or changes only the broken part?

Thank you!! I really don't know what to do! I'mm quite handy with stuff like that but it does make me a bit nervous to do it.

... (It was weird because when I took off instead of going vertically and hover, it went diagonal).

How come, what did you do ?!

I don't know, maybe it was my fault, I just used the left stick up when the motors where on.

Hello!

Yesterday I was trying my new Mavic and I crashed it when trying to take off (It was weird because when I took off instead of going vertically and hover, it went diagonal).

I broke one of the front landing legs (the antenna is fine I think) and the gimbal doesn't move at all (tried to calibrate, stuck at 5%) but the camera works fine. It could be a flex cable problem right?

I have a dilemma. Should I send it to DJI (don't have dji refresh) or try to replace the flex cable myself and change the landing leg? I read several posts and I'm not sure if DJI changes the whole gimbal (very expensive repair) or changes only the broken part?

Thank you!! I really don't know what to do! I'mm quite handy with stuff like that but it does make me a bit nervous to do it.

You can look at the flight log data and see the stick input information and it will show what the sticks were doing.

As for the repair your issue is warrenty really as DJI will not cover your drone in the future if you repair it yourself.

It's not always the ribbon cable it could be a gimbal motor that is broken as it has three.

Oh, but does warranty cover repairs if the crash is my fault? I don't have the dji care refresh.

As @Anthony said, It's probably either a gimbal ribbon cable or motor assembly problem.

Most of the time, DJI will replace the whole gimbal instead of repair it ($344). I repair individual components of the gimbal, and my repair prices are always cheaper than DJI, and my turnaround time is days or weeks, not months.

Thunderdrones Repair Information

Hello Thunderdrones! In all the posts I read they mention you, and I really thought of contacting you but I live in Spain, and the shipping costs are so expensive! Can you give me an estimate of the whole repair? Thanks!

Can you post up the logs?

It shouldn't really go diagonally if all your doing is taking off.

It might be a warranty issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803