DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my mavic - questions

dajohn17

Reactions
Crashed my mavic - looks like I'll be needing a new vibration plate. I have another issue as well with my back left arm, seems a plastic trim has broken off as well in the crash. Is it possible to buy this part or do I need to replace the whole arm? I've attached pictures
de2106b4ac635ec2d91f8a35f080236b.jpg
8988c7bc10393f2435df38c7b04197b4.jpg
eb225dc0bc65ddc24eac05f439da8021.jpg

Replacement parts show it as being part of the assembly but just curious if it is sold separately and if so any links would be appreciated. Thanks! And it sucks to crash/break this thing [emoji58]

Another question: after looking at this it doesnt appear to be a clean break. Maybe I can take it apart and fix it with some glue? Will need to take it apart anyways to get the vibration plate fixed.

Glue = bad idea.

Replace arm = good idea

I second this sentiment .
Since this area is broken from stress if you glues it and applied the same amount of stress or even less then the piece would break again. Its not like broken bones that actually are stronger at the break after they heal.

New part is a must. Plus you will have piece of mind knowing that the weakest link of your Mavic Pro is not a spot of glue that may or may not hold.

Since this area is broken from stress if you glues it and applied the same amount of stress or even less then the piece would break again. Its not like broken bones that actually are stronger at the break after they heal.

New part is a must. Plus you will have piece of mind knowing that the weakest link of your Mavic Pro is not a spot of glue that may or may not hold.

Thanks, I found a place nearby that sells parts for $26!

Not used it on a mavic but I use loctite 431 a lot and parts have never broken at the glued joint, I have had things break again but not in the same place

obviously a new arm will always be the best choice but saying all glue joints are bad IMO is wrong

Not used it on a mavic but I use loctite 431 a lot and parts have never broken at the glued joint, I have had things break again but not in the same place

obviously a new arm will always be the best choice but saying all glue joints are bad IMO is wrong

Yes also Loctite 416 which is same thing with higher viscosity. If the break fits back together with close tolerance, is not otherwise deformed and is clean a good Cyanoacrylite glue will create a joint as strong, or stronger than the original part. They don’t call it “crazy glue” for nothing. Just don’t get your fingers in there or you’ll have to cut them loose o_O

Reactions: dajohn17
This is only true if the force exhibited on the joint is in a vertical (up and down) direction. Side to side movement known as sheer will allow the joint to separate.

The guy with the hardhat that is glue to a large industrial I beam in the commercial is only held suspended as his weight is pulling straight down. There is no side to side sheer forces that are being exhibited. If the same experiment is conducted and he grabs the hard hat and rocks back and forth while twisting he will inevitably fall from the I beam with the Helmet in his hands.

Wow! Phenominal. The replacement part is just a bit more than a tube of the Loctite 416 so why not splurge a little and replace with factory new part?

I guess the time and trouble to disassemble , reassemble would be one drawback.

Right, Just saying it's a viable option, one that takes about 30 seconds and probably preferable to someone who might not be comfortable taking their Mavic apart and soldering wires onto the board. I Personally don't have a problem replacing the arm but my assessment of the damage deemed that it was unnecessary to do so. Plus I already had the glue because this in not the first thing in my possession that I have ever broken nor will it likely be the last :eek: so obviously there are other uses for it. But I get your point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent