DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed need to make repairs...

cplmac

Reactions
I crashed my MP flying controller only after the forced update would not allow me to fly with my tablet. Cracked the rear arm bump stop, and now my gimbal is constantly overloaded. the tabs popped out but I got them set back in for the gimbal but something else is causing an overload condition and I can't rotate my gimbal now. I calibrated it and it's still overloaded. I've been busy the past five days but I'm going to try and post some pics and see if the community has any suggestions. the cracked rear arm bump stop I can replace, found a site that sells the frame pieces, the gimbal is going to be the tricky one I think. it still flies but gets a little wonky if I put to many g's on the rear arm. The camera is useless because it runs the range of motion automatically every minute trying to correct the overload condition. I don't see anything physically wrong with it, the gimbal that is.

I should add I have not unlocked it yet, I was flying on DJI software un-altered.

Thanks for the parts Thunderdrones, they came in this morning. I installed the new left rear arm (simple, but minor solder work) and the gimbal ribbon cable (absolute PITA). Everything appears to be working right but I can't tell because now DJIgo app is crashing every time I lift off. The good news is the MP is stable in flight, I once again have pitch control on the gimball and I'm not getting gimball overload errors. Hopefully my image has stabilized again, I'll find out tomorrow in the daylight assuming I can get the app working.

Test flight was a mechanical success, new motor flies fine, video is stable for as long as the app is running. It's time to move on from DJI software handicaps.

Thanks for the parts Thunderdrones, they came in this morning. I installed the new left rear arm (simple, but minor solder work) and the gimbal ribbon cable (absolute PITA). Everything appears to be working right but I can't tell because now DJIgo app is crashing every time I lift off. The good news is the MP is stable in flight, I once again have pitch control on the gimball and I'm not getting gimball overload errors. Hopefully my image has stabilized again, I'll find out tomorrow in the daylight assuming I can get the app working.

Im glad you got it all installed and are flying again, and I agree, the ribbon is a PITA to install.

Did the app ever crash before? Do you close all the other apps before starting DJI Go? Litchi installed? Those are common reasons for DJI Go to crash.

I don't have Litchi installed, the app never used to crash on take off before. I'm thinking this is from updating the day of the crash. I don't close all other apps first, but I can try that. Right now I'm thinking I'm going to roll back my DJIgo app to 4.0.6, my firmware is at .700 right now. Once I get all the software working I'm going to firewall it and unlock this thing and be done with the DJI shenanigans.

I don't have Litchi installed, the app never used to crash on take off before. I'm thinking this is from updating the day of the crash. I don't close all other apps first, but I can try that. Right now I'm thinking I'm going to roll back my DJIgo app to 4.0.6, my firmware is at .700 right now. Once I get all the software working I'm going to firewall it and unlock this thing and be done with the DJI shenanigans.

Good luck. Hope it all works out.

Reactions: cplmac
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580