DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Pro on concrete

hokeywolf

Reactions
Mis-judged depth perception while bringing my Mavic Pro from a distance. Went into power lines and broke 3 props. Drone landed on concrete street from 30 feet high and landed on its back. What a sick feeling. Put new props on and it took right off with now ill effects. Wow? What a tough bird.

Yes it is. Sometimes it can hit right and others not and trash it.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Mis-judged depth perception while bringing my Mavic Pro from a distance. Went into power lines and broke 3 props. Drone landed on concrete street from 30 feet high and landed on its back. What a sick feeling. Put new props on and it took right off with now ill effects. Wow? What a tough bird.
Next stop...........lottery ticket.

The same thing happened to my M2Z. It landed on its back and broke all the propellers. The only damage was the battery casing separated a little bit. I replaced the props and tested everything. Very tough bird! Now I have a question for the group. I was able to snap the battery case back together and it took a charge without any problem, but I am concerned there may be damage that will show up later. How can I judge whether it's safe to use this battery, or is it better to trash it and just get a new one?

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Onward and Upward....

hokeywolf I was cringing as I read that post . . . whew! You had me scared for a second. I'm glad it all worked out. She is tough!! Well, what a suspenseful entry into the forum. Welcomes are in order. No need to tell you to fly safe . . . you got that one singed into your head.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Glad you're back in the air ok, Fly safe and have fun!