DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed, Still Works, What To Do Next

Exercise Drone Insurance?

• Total voters

thesurg3on

Reactions
I had a May-day and ran out of battery fighting winds and couldn’t land. It was either drone was going to go down in the ocean, or I had to go high and throttle towards land. I chose the latter. Drone ran out of juice and went into the side of the mountain. I broke a few propellers. Everything is functional including gimbal and camera.

Question is, I have drone protection through DJI. Exercise it or save it for another incident where my drone is actually broken?

i would do the dji care test they request on your current drone to qualify, double check all the app readouts, low flight test, check readouts again, high fly test

I had a May-day and ran out of battery fighting winds and couldn’t land. It was either drone was going to go down in the ocean, or I had to go high and throttle towards land. I chose the latter. Drone ran out of juice and went into the side of the mountain. I broke a few propellers. Everything is functional including gimbal and camera.

Question is, I have drone protection through DJI. Exercise it or save it for another incident where my drone is actually broken?

Unless you break something expensive, it makes no sense to use it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N