DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crazy Litchi Mission Starts

jpbluzharp

Reactions
Has anyone else had issues with Litchi Missions beginning without first orienting the Mavic to the proper heading?

Yikes!
I’ve had a few really random starts of late. Some of which had the drone turned ninety to one hundred and eighty degrees from its intended heading.

As a workaround I begin each mission with a “stay for” two seconds then “start recording” then “stay for” for five seconds. I’ve also found it useful to position the drone behind the start point and headed in the proper direction prior to beginning the mission.

Also curious if anyone has setup missions in mission hub but then got an error message when attempting to Load/run a mission that states some way points are too long?

These four waypoints were done on a hole at a golf course where the total run was no more than 800 yards combined with RTH.

Has anyone else had issues with Litchi Missions beginning without first orienting the Mavic to the proper heading?

Yikes!
I’ve had a few really random starts of late. Some of which had the drone turned ninety to one hundred and eighty degrees from its intended heading.

As a workaround I begin each mission with a “stay for” two seconds then “start recording” then “stay for” for five seconds. I’ve also found it useful to position the drone behind the start point and headed in the proper direction prior to beginning the mission.

Also curious if anyone has setup missions in mission hub but then got an error message when attempting to Load/run a mission that states some way points are too long?

These four waypoints were done on a hole at a golf course where the total run was no more than 800 yards combined with RTH.
Make sure the heading for the mission is set to “custom”

Reactions: jpbluzharp
Litchi has worked flawlessly for me. It can be a bit confusing to watch when it goes from takeoff point height to the first waypoint of the mission, as it does seem as if the drone has a mind of it’s own. Once it does it’s little dance to the start point and gets oriented to the first heading it is fine.

Litchi has worked flawlessly for me. It can be a bit confusing to watch when it goes from takeoff point height to the first waypoint of the mission, as it does seem as if the drone has a mind of it’s own. Once it does it’s little dance to the start point and gets oriented to the first heading it is fine.
I wish I could say the same. Same mission loaded multiple times... random starts. All instructions are as recommended the only difference was the takeoff point. When the Mavic has to fly backwards to get to its first waypoint, on occasion it would not turn completely around before starting its mission. Those starts began with a severe yaw then flew the rest of the mission as designed. Beginning move was not usable for the purpose of a golf course flyover. Unless perhaps a golfer had a severe snap hook or slice... Maybe it was impersonating an average duffer.

I agree with @Dave Maine. The waypoint mission starts at the first waypoint. There aren’t explicit instructions to the drone about the heading to the first waypoint but usually it will orient itself so that it’s facing the first waypoint. This is why your trick to position the drone behind the fist waypoint works, its looking towards the first waypoint and that happens to be the way you want it to be looking.

By adding an arbitrary waypoint to the beginning of the mission you can now program the heading for the segment of the mission that comes before your first “real” waypoint.

I have noticed the same issue. I worked around this by adding the video start waypoint as the 2nd point inline with the 1st and 3rd. As I sometimes cant line the drone up on the ground inline.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett