DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crazy RTH

coboconk

Reactions
Here is the google view of Crazy RTH keeps climbing with a set RTH of 34 meters. This happens every time, different days and fields

Attachments

• 0A9A1187-CB45-4A6D-BF48-C027D72D44EE.jpeg
    0A9A1187-CB45-4A6D-BF48-C027D72D44EE.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 97
I think you need to provide more information before people can understand what exactly the problem is .....
Yes, agree.setting the RTH for example to 34meters, sending it out to 350 meters, and altitude at say 28 meters. Hit RTH and MA2 turns to home, rises to set RTH and continues home but on the way back, stops and rises in steps as shown. Only does it in RTH mode.

Please post the actual log file from your device here, so someone can take a look and offer a possible explanation.

Reactions: Thomas B
I suspect the AC detected a phantom obstacle such as the sun and was trying to rise over it.

I'm betting once it reached set max altitude, it kept stopping and starting on its way home. As makes progress, the tilt angle allows the sun or its reflection or rays get into the OA sensor so it stops. As it stops, it changes tilt angle so the sun isn't a problem and it continues. When it tilts forward again to move forward, the sun is in its "eyes" again.

That should be evident with messages and beeping about encountering an obstacle.

Last edited:
I suspect the AC detected a phantom obstacle such as the sun and was trying to rise over it.

I'm betting once it reached set max altitude, it kept stopping and starting on its way home. As makes progress, the tilt angle allows the sun or its reflection or rays get into the OA sensor so it stops. As it stops, it changes tilt angle so the sun isn't a problem and it continues. When it tilts forward again to move forward, the sun is in its "eyes" again.

That should be evident with messages and beeping about encountering an obstacle.
Yes, never thought of tilt angle playing a part in it, But seems to do it at any time. Hopefully someone will take a look at the log file I posted and see what's up

To verify whether the step-like RTH flight path was caused by obstacle avoidance being mis-triggered, you can tape up the front sensors and see whether the RTH behavior will become normal.

As I understand it, the Mini 2 has no obstacle avoidance sensor or capabilities.

To verify whether the step-like RTH flight path was caused by obstacle avoidance being mis-triggered, you can tape up the front sensors and see whether the RTH behavior will become normal.
Yes, maybe I will try that today.Ill repost and let know my results.

Reactions: boblui
From the DJI page.

10. Does DJI Mini 2 support obstacle avoidance?

No. However, DJI Mini 2’s downward sensors (along with its GPS) aid with positioning and stability. If you are flying in an area with obstacles, we recommend using DJI Mini 2 with the 360° Propeller Guard to protect the propellers and fly safely.

Reactions: coboconk
I'm not an expert but I took a look at the logs and they are confusing. You kept getting "GPS signal weak" errors even though you had 17 satellites locked in. Hopefully someone else can look and offer a more informed opinion.
Even if GPS was a factor, the AC would have randomly wandered rather than specific, stepped altitude changes but still in the direction of home. Besides without GPS, it could not stay in RTH.

Reactions: coboconk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851