DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Create a 360 with DJI app in sphere mode.

HeyPresto1970

Reactions
Can somebody please help - I have tried numerous times to create a 360 using the sphere mode. When I view it from the app, the little globe icon is there and sure enough I have a globe type pic that I can zoom into and move around fine but when I save to camera roll its just a wide pano and uploading to sky pixel does nothing! Am I doing something wrong? I could purchase Litchi but I'm trying to avoid that. Can someone please shed some light onto this - im new to this and really want to know how to do it properly?? Thanks in advance.

Can somebody please help - I have tried numerous times to create a 360 using the sphere mode. When I view it from the app, the little globe icon is there and sure enough I have a globe type pic that I can zoom into and move around fine but when I save to camera roll its just a wide pano and uploading to sky pixel does nothing! Am I doing something wrong? I could purchase Litchi but I'm trying to avoid that. Can someone please shed some light onto this - im new to this and really want to know how to do it properly?? Thanks in advance.
Send it to me & I'll upload it on kuula.co and post it here to see what it looks like.
[email protected]

Just create a free Kuula acct. Upload. Easy. To share, grab link from there and post somewhere else... test in this thread!

Facebook and some other sites recognize the metadata embedded in the pano and display it properly as a sphere. I don't hang out on the social media sites, but others could say more.

Thanks, ill give it a try. What I’m really after is a full tutorial on how best to achieve the 360 - i have a feeling I’m doing something wrong because i just cant get it to work.

Thanks, ill give it a try. What I’m really after is a full tutorial on how best to achieve the 360 - i have a feeling I’m doing something wrong because i just cant get it to work.
This is what I do - except the SkyPixel site sometimes takes way to long to load, so I use Kuula instead.
Kuula will upload up to 68 meg files ... in seconds
But this is an excellent YouTube from Hummingbird.UAV
It will walk you though it one step at a time.

You already have the stitched pano, so no need to create one! Litchi is just another way to shoot the original pano with more control, with the same resulting image type.

Instead, download the free trial of PTGui which comes with a free PTGui viewer so you can view the already stitched image interactively on your computer, after copying it off the microSD card, or even view it directly from the microSD card.
You can also download a 360 pano viewer for an iPad from the App Store. Photosphere Viewer has a free and a paid version. The free one plays an annoying 20 second commercial every time you load it. The paid version does not.
If you are interested in publishing it on the web, there are plenty of free services that will share it with the world, or you can buy a web creation program like PanoramaStudio Pro 3 ($79), or the PTGui one ($143) you already downloaded to get the free viewer, and upload the created web output files to your own website, to share the panos privately, and retain full control.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada