DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Critically Low Voltage Error - Forced Landing

itisross

Reactions
Hi there

This is my first post so please excuse if i dont follow the norms.

I have a Mavic Pro. I put it in the air over the weekend and for the first time had a Critically Low Power/Voltage error displayed and it automatically started to land my drone.
The following morning i put the drone up again and let it hover and it told me that it had the exact same issue and once again landed

I have attached both flight logs

Also worth mentioning, I noticed that now any time I put the drone up the minute's display of how many minutes of fly time left in the battery is whited over. (attached screenshot to show this)

Please can anyone who knows about this please let me know as i am now afraid to fly my drone.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-06-26_[16-54-54].txt
    149.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-06-27_[07-06-22].txt
    54.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5005.jpg
    IMG_5005.jpg
    563.3 KB · Views: 35
I have a Mavic Pro. I put it in the air over the weekend and for the first time had a Critically Low Power/Voltage error displayed and it automatically started to land my drone.
Your problem was that you flew with batteries that had already discharged.
You need to have freshly charged batteries before you launch or this will happen.
The % indicator is only accurate if you start with fully charged batteries.
Look at the actual voltages in the data:

The voltage was already at critical low level (3.3V per cell) only 3 seconds after launch

Your problem was that you flew with batteries that had already discharged.
You need to have freshly charged batteries before you launch or this will happen.
The % indicator is only accurate if you start with fully charged batteries.
Look at the actual voltages in the data:

The voltage was already at critical low level (3.3V per cell) only 3 seconds after launch
Thanks so much for your quick response!

Much like taking your car out for a drive and you are running on fumes.
Fully charged batteries, and don't forget the remote as well !!!
We all learn, sometimes we just have the occasional brain farts :)
Happy flying, practice makes better

Reactions: E90RAW and itisross
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Also worth noting both of these flights were with two different batteries, albeit neither were fully charged but both were over 50% (based on at least having 2 or 3 of the four lights illuminated)

Reactions: E90RAW
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Also worth noting both of these flights were with two different batteries, albeit neither were fully charged but both were over 50% (based on at least having 2 or 3 of the four lights illuminated)
Must be an internal safety mechanism. You can run LiPo batteries to 3 volts per cell as a minimum. On the M2P I have seen levels like on your flight albeit not as low as the 3.1. (the M2P has 4 cells) Mine usually runs at 3.7 during the end of the flight. The total on your flight was usually 10+ for all cells, although at one point you dip to 9+. I would think 9 volts would trigger the forced landing, not 10+.(I get concerned when my total during a flight drops into the 13+ volt range for all 4 cells.). I wonder if your batteries are at the end of life. Its always good to keep checking your battery levels during the flight. Not % but the volts. I also watch the temp on the batteries. When it is above 50 deg Cent I start bringing her in.(heat=cell damage and oxidation). Also good not to recharge until cool.(the M2P wont let you recharge until below certain temp).

Reactions: itisross
When you start with a battery which has been sitting around discharging, the % indicator is completely unreliable.
It's the cell voltage that is important.

Hi all

Ok good news, charged up the battery and had a fly just now and no issues with voltage etc.

The only thing is that the remaining minutes and seconds left in the battery is still blocked out.

Can anyone help with why this is?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 15.33.57.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 15.33.57.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 15.34.36.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 15.34.36.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 15.34.49.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 15.34.49.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 28