DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Croydon Water Tower - Testing the Skyreat ND filters for the Mini

KingsleyCng

Reactions
I was testing the Skyreat ND filters for the Mavic Mini last week and here is the results.
I still need to get use to which one to use in which lighting conditions, but overall I think it definitely helped to make the video more cinematic.

Let me know what you think! ?

I was testing the Skyreat ND filters for the Mavic Mini last week and here is the results.
I still need to get use to which one to use in which lighting conditions, but overall I think it definitely helped to make the video more cinematic.

Nice work. Love the reverse shots and the POI shots that rise. Inspiring stuff?

Reactions: KingsleyCng
From the days they built things to last.
Whatever filter that gets your shutter speed to twice your frame rate should work.

Yeah at the start I had to keep changing the filters to get to the shutter speed I need with the right exposure. I've got a better idea now I would say, I'm learning every time I use it ?

Like this. One number of filter did you use? Thanks

Like this. One number of filter did you use? Thanks

Thank you! I believe it was shot mostly with the ND16, but some bits directly looking at the sky were using ND32 and the dark path at the end ND8. Honestly just depends on what gets the shutter speed to half the frame rate with the lowest ISO possible!

Reactions: lowellton
Thank you! I believe it was shot mostly with the ND16, but some bits directly looking at the sky were using ND32 and the dark path at the end ND8. Honestly just depends on what gets the shutter speed to half the frame rate with the lowest ISO possible!
Oh ok. Lot to learn from here ?⚽️?

I've just bought myself a set of these.

How do you set the polarizing and what is the the white line for. I can't seem to find any information on this anywhere?

I've just bought myself a set of these.

How do you set the polarizing and what is the the white line for. I can't seem to find any information on this anywhere?

I'm assuming you have bought a set of the ND/PL filters.

When the white lines are aligned it provides the maximum polarisation which cuts out the most reflections, you can rotate it to set the amount of polarisation you want. But do keep in mind that it works differently relative to the position of the sun.

Hope that makes sense!

Reactions: doublemint76
I'm assuming you have bought a set of the ND/PL filters.

When the white lines are aligned it provides the maximum polarisation which cuts out the most reflections, you can rotate it to set the amount of polarisation you want. But do keep in mind that it works differently relative to the position of the sun.

Hope that makes sense!

Yes, bought the ND/PL filters. Thanks for clearing that up, the alignment of the white lines is not really documented anywhere.

I guess you just have to play around with the polariser until you're happy with the image.

Reactions: KingsleyCng
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett