DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cruise Control

eEridani

Reactions
Anyone find an easy way to put the drone in cruise mode. That is - I want to send the drone out to my photo spot at some fixed speed - and not be 100% dependent on holding the stick precisely at 28.7967 degrees. For example, I want to maintain 15 mph, and not blast out at 45 mph sucking down the battery as I go.

I've proven I can get 29 minutes hover. So I think I can get 30 minutes of flight - but only IF I keep the speed down. I guess full stick is too easy... lol.

DJI Fly has RTH Altitude, Max Altitude, Max Distance; did I miss seeing a MAX speed setting in DJI Fly?

A rubber band looped around the joystick or some made to measure 'spacer' that will locate against something and keep the elevator in one position.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I'd really like DJI to add a ground speed limit setting. Choosing flight modes sort of accomplished what I want to do, but isn't quite there.

Well - I got my flight in and wasn't into the red when the drone landed. Will need to look at the log for accurate numbers.

Anyone find an easy way to put the drone in cruise mode. That is - I want to send the drone out to my photo spot at some fixed speed - and not be 100% dependent on holding the stick precisely at 28.7967 degrees. For example, I want to maintain 15 mph, and not blast out at 45 mph sucking down the battery as I go.

I've proven I can get 29 minutes hover. So I think I can get 30 minutes of flight - but only IF I keep the speed down. I guess full stick is too easy... lol.

DJI Fly has RTH Altitude, Max Altitude, Max Distance; did I miss seeing a MAX speed setting in DJI Fly?
Cinema / Normal / & Sport. Each has a top speed; so fly in like normal and go for it. Too fast, then drop to Cinema mode on the RC and keep speeds low.

A rubber band looped around the joystick or some made to measure 'spacer' that will locate against something and keep the elevator in one position.
Expanding upon this, winding the other side of that rubber band around a Go Pro screw in Go Pro mount attached to the RC can allow the rubber band tension on the elevator stick to be adjusted to achieve exact speed control. Just tighten the screw to roll up and shorten the rubber band to increase the tension and the speed.

Surely if you use an app (I use Maven) you can set your drone to fly to a waypoint at whatever speed you choose. When you get there you can either continue the mission or end it and fly freely from that point on.
Or am I missing something?..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S