DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Cruise Ship Night Shoot Mavic 3

Lewberry6

Reactions
Latest trip out with the Mavic 3.

Noticed a quirk that I have not experienced before with my previous DJI drone in that the white balance liked changing mid shot which made some slightly more time consuming post processing and ruined a few pans. Lots of colours in the subject and it being dark which usually gives poor auto result but I’ve never had any issues on previous models of it changing when recording. Simple fix just turn off auto before a shoot but something to bear in mind especially as it’s hard to see when shorting coming back in d-log.

Very clear video - I thought the lighting is good.

Reactions: Lewberry6
Very nice video!

Nicely done. What a unique video. Were you on board that ship when you shot the video?
No. Don’t think any of the cruise lines allow flight from the ships. In fact very few these days even allow you to bring them aboard for even just shore use which is a shame.

Southampton port is in an estuary so the ships are stuck in a channel close to the shore for the first 30 mins or so of there voyages.

I've been on lots of cruise ships, and I've never seen decks that empty. That ship holds nearly 7000 people including the crew. Must have been chilly. I'm guessing it was evening and not early AM.

I've been on lots of cruise ships, and I've never seen decks that empty. That ship holds nearly 7000 people including the crew. Must have been chilly. I'm guessing it was evening and not early AM.
Haha yes. I think a combination of the cold (6c), being dinner time (7pm departure) and probably still impacts from Covid had an impact.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Very nice video! Was that a royal Caribbean ship?

My wife and I loved cruising. We've probably done 20 trips. Its sad to see what Covid did to that industry. We were near Port Canaveral last year. Heartbreak to see the idle cruise ships anchored off shore knowing tens of thousands of very hard working people out of work. One of the fun parts of cruising was meeting the cruise ship employees from all over the world.

Very clear video considering it was a night shoot.
Would have been even clearer but there was a bit of a fog/ haze.
Very nice video! Was that a royal Caribbean ship?

My wife and I loved cruising. We've probably done 20 trips. Its sad to see what Covid did to that industry. We were near Port Canaveral last year. Heartbreak to see the idle cruise ships anchored off shore knowing tens of thousands of very hard working people out of work. One of the fun parts of cruising was meeting the cruise ship employees from all over the world.
yes, I have been on a few and they are great (apart from the drone restrictions).

This was P&O which is part of the Carnival Group.

Beautiful! I'm surprised how little it disturbs the water. The wake it makes seems pretty small compared to the size of the ship.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143