DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Ball for Platinum Pricing

Hossinn

Reactions
Any reason to believe there may be any discounted pricing on the Platinum, now that the Air has been released? I'm interested in the Mavic PP FMC, but I'm struggling with the price...

Since the Mavic Air is not a replacement for the Mavic Pro, I don't think we're going to see discounts until the Mavic Pro 2 is announced.

But I like your thought process. When you don't always have to have the absolute latest & greatest, one step behind, you can save a lot of money. This is also true with cars and cell phones. Nowadays everything gets outdated in one year. But you can have a quality product still if you choose wisely, which will hold revelancy for some time. My MPP does everything I want it to do. A regular Pro would, too.

Reactions: Zelnando
Any reason to believe there may be any discounted pricing on the Platinum, now that the Air has been released? I'm interested in the Mavic PP FMC, but I'm struggling with the price...
Not sure about the US but a lot of places in EU already offering good deals on mpp

I'm a new member and this is my first post on this forum.
I am considering getting the MPP, but hate to think that the rumored Mavic V-2 is about to hit the shelves just after I make a purchase. Going to Hawaii April 20th and I'd like to take a drone. I want time to learn to use it before the trip. Does anyone have any solid information about a release date for V-2 or potential pricing.
As to pricing for the MPP, this is the best I've seen for a package.

DJI Mavic Pro Platinum 3 Battery (Total) Pro Accessory Bundle With Carry Case | eBay

Comments?

Thanks

Platinum isn’t worth the money unless you want a tiny bit of flight time and for it to be a difficult color. Go with the normal Mavic or the air

The best Platinum feature for me by far is that it's so much quieter and has a way less annoying sound -- no high pitched angry swarm of bees! It's honestly how every drone made should sound now and I was very surprised that neither the Spark or the Mavic Air have the lower frequency tone. I find people around me have a much more pleasant attitude when my MPP is in the air. I was quite surprised by this but can't imagine giving it up now!

The Mavic Pro 2 isn't about to hit the shelves, but there's a chance it could be announced this year. In which case, you can decide whether to upgrade down the road.

I am considering getting the MPP, but hate to think that the rumored Mavic V-2 is about to hit the shelves just after I make a purchase. Going to Hawaii April 20th and I'd like to take a drone. I want time to learn to use it before the trip. Does anyone have any solid information about a release date for V-2 or potential pricing.

DJI Mavic Pro Platinum 3 Battery (Total) Pro Accessory Bundle With Carry Case | eBay

Comments?

Thanks

I like my MPP. Whether it's worth the extra money over the MP I don't know. Personally I like that it's quiet and a bit of an upgrade over the MP.

I've not experienced the Mavic Air in person but, watching a few YouTube videos it appears to me it's noisy, does not use Occusync and it's battery life is much shorter than the MP/MPP. For me those are 3 big negatives. But, I'm judging with what's important to me.

Good luck.

Reactions: mavawa and mavicfly

Comments?

Thanks

I'm looking to purchase too. That looks like a heck of a package. I was planning on buying directly from DJI, but the cost is a factor. Is the warranty the same if/when purchasing from ebay than it would be if purchase directly from DJI?

I'm looking to purchase too. That looks like a heck of a package. I was planning on buying directly from DJI, but the cost is a factor. Is the warranty the same if/when purchasing from ebay than it would be if purchase directly from DJI?
EBay is a reseller/aftermarket posting site.

Is the warranty the same if/when purchasing from ebay than it would be if purchase directly from DJI?
The warranty will be the same if you buy from an authorized DJI dealer. You can find a list of dealers here.

Reactions: Hossinn
Been watching Amazon for last month or so and have seen MPP hit as low as $1,299 for the fly-more combo. Price only there for few days then back up to regular $1,399. Today's best is at $1,339, think it will drop even more when the Mavic Air really starts becoming more available. I'm going to buy when it hits $1,200, even if Dji will be coming out with MP II later this year. I'm not waiting for MP II, that will most likely have bugs to be worked out of first production run. Mavic Air is awesome but hasn't been out in enough drone pilots hands yet to get a true evaluation. Me, I want Ocusync, longer flight time, time tested and quietness of the MPP.

Reactions: Mitch
The best Platinum feature for me by far is that it's so much quieter and has a way less annoying sound -- no high pitched angry swarm of bees! It's honestly how every drone made should sound now and I was very surprised that neither the Spark or the Mavic Air have the lower frequency tone. I find people around me have a much more pleasant attitude when my MPP is in the air. I was quite surprised by this but can't imagine giving it up now!

The Mavic Pro 2 isn't about to hit the shelves, but there's a chance it could be announced this year. In which case, you can decide whether to upgrade down the road.
Totally have to agree, one of the best feature's of the MPP is the "quietness" Don't hear people talking about it enough. To me it's not the size of a drone that will probably put other people off but, the noise! Retired and full time RV'er and looking to buy first drone, MPP is going to be my choice. Spent a lot of extra money for quietest most reliable generator for my RV,(Honda) why?, so my neighbors weren't annoyed, when I needed to run it. Same thinking is going into my drone purchase, most reliable and quietest. Ocusync, longer flight time, quietest and is past the bugs of first production run. Is there drones available that shoot better quality video? Sure! just haven't found one quieter than the MPP! Beside only posting to social media, not filming a movie. Hopefully when and if, Dji comes out with MP II it's is even quieter, then I'll go get one of them too. Just for comparison sake, my 196cc motor, 3000W Honda generator is 58db at couple feet away, new Mavic Air at couple feet away is 96 to 100db and the MPP is 70 to 76db(based on Youtube videos I've watched...so not personally) I know comparing a generator to a drone....whatever! Just I'll spend whatever money to not annoy my fellow campers and nature. Soon to be purchasing MPP.

The warranty will be the same if you buy from an authorized DJI dealer. You can find a list of dealers here.
AND...... the service from the local DJI dealer in your country would likely be better than if you ordered from them direct.

the service from the local DJI dealer in your country would likely be better than if you ordered from them direct
In the US, it seems all dealers send their customers directly to DJI support when it comes to anything that is covered under warranty. I guess some dealers might be able to help out if you have questions though. However, with forums like this where knowledgeable people are available almost 24-7, it seems waiting for your dealer of choice to open up its doors for the day is a thing of the past.

I think it's a fantastic idea to buy from a company you want to support and/or has been helpful to you. Even if it's a company like mine that works on a referral basis.

Wow! Thanks for all the great replies. Getting the fly more package seems like a good deal even though I don't need some of the included items. Flight time and extra batteries are also important. I've recently read about the new prop design and is likely responsible for some of the added flight time.

I've pretty much decided to go ahead with the purchase of the MPP package.

With all the hoopla and fireworks concerning the Air let's remember that the Pro has become the defacto choice for folks all over the world. It's technology was mind boggling when introduced and it's only gotten better with upgrades for the past 16 months. There's a reason it's become the most popular serious drone ever (not counting the Wally World toys).

If you keep waiting for the latest and greatest you'll never jump in. FLY SOMETHING NOW!

Jake

Reactions: Hossinn
Been watching Amazon for last month or so and have seen MPP hit as low as $1,299 for the fly-more combo. Price only there for few days then back up to regular $1,399. Today's best is at $1,339, think it will drop even more when the Mavic Air really starts becoming more available. I'm going to buy when it hits $1,200, even if Dji will be coming out with MP II later this year. I'm not waiting for MP II, that will most likely have bugs to be worked out of first production run. Mavic Air is awesome but hasn't been out in enough drone pilots hands yet to get a true evaluation. Me, I want Ocusync, longer flight time, time tested and quietness of the MPP.

It seems the Fly More Combo is the most legit. Those super packs that include 20 different items (ebay/Amazon) make me a little nervous...and I think the quality is not as good. Thoughts?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest