DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Sky 5.5 versus 7.85?

nutsnbolts

Reactions
I went with the 5.5 CS to ensure that I can be portable. Unfortunately, I'm sort of having a bit of regret to not spending more for the 7.85. Honestly, I do like the 5.5 and not really regretting it but it seems like everyone went with the 7.85. Am I missing something from the 7.85? Of course, the UB version is an obvious advantage but anything else the 7.85 has that the 5.5 lack?

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
I bought the same as you but the 7.85 seems to have more problems with overheating. I thought after wish I had gone with the ultra but reading the problems glad I didn’t. It did go out of stock for a long while but I see it’s back in stock again at DJI.

I bought the same as you but the 7.85 seems to have more problems with overheating. I thought after wish I had gone with the ultra but reading the problems glad I didn’t. It did go out of stock for a long while but I see it’s back in stock again at DJI.
I read the DJI Forums regarding problems with the UB version and it turned me off. The overheating, black screens, and disconnects were major concerns for me.

I considered the 7.85, but was concerned about the weight of it with my Mavic Air controller and also portability.

Yes the same here. I just felt like carrying around a 7.85 screen defeated the purpose of having a spark or mavic Pro or even a Maverick air.

Being portable and keeping it as small as possible was my key goal but unfortunately sometimes going larger and the extras that come with it is very enticing.

I did hear about all the issues with the ultra bright 7.85 Crystal Sky I thought maybe that was just specific batch related issues and it's resolved by now.

Seems the FW update they rolled out last week made things worse for some.

I won't even get started about this thing not coming with a charger o_O!

Seems the FW update they rolled out last week made things worse for some.

I won't even get started about this thing not coming with a charger o_O!
Can you elaborate what issues are coming out now with this FW update. I just received mine last week and only got a chance to use it this week because I was waiting for my Phantom 4 charger to arrive *grumble* so I can charge it. I haven't seen any issues after updating it right out of the box. I'm assuming I updated to whatever is the latest version our there.

Can you elaborate what issues are coming out now with this FW update. I just received mine last week and only got a chance to use it this week because I was waiting for my Phantom 4 charger to arrive *grumble* so I can charge it. I haven't seen any issues after updating it right out of the box. I'm assuming I updated to whatever is the latest version our there.
I had to laugh about the charger. Mine got lost in shipment so I had to wait a few days to charge mine when I received it.

Here's the link to the DJI forum post. Partway down the page you can see where users start pointing out various issues after updating.
New Crystal Sky Firmware

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio