DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Sky and Hanger/DJI GS Pro

dhdh

Reactions
I have had my Mavic for some time and have used it with an iPhone/iPad. Excellent luck also using those devices with GS Pro and Autopilot.

Just received the 5.5 Crystal Sky, and awaiting charging stuff and MavMount bracket.

My question is if anyone has used the Crystal Sky to take off, fly, etc, and then somehow switch to a device (iPad) to engage a route, fly it to completion as usual, and then switch away from device and back to Crystal Sky, all without landing?

Thanks folks.

What is the MavMount bracket. I have been trying to figure out what I will use to mount the CrystalSky 5.5 to my Mavic controller and so far it looks like a pretty convoluted process. I do have a 3d printer and thought about printing my own mount, but would rather have something made of metal.

Also, have you checked out the 5.5 (I assume 1000 nits) in direct sunlight. I am still waffling about buying it.

My luck with the iPad Air 2 has been ok except in bright sunlight. Hoping that the 1000 nits might be good enough to solve that problem.

Google MavMount. (DJI Mavic and Spark iPad Tablet Adapter Mount - MavMount)
I have purchased several of their products and all are high quality aluminum. Good response from them re questions.
They say that early this week the will release the Crystal Sky 5.5 bracket. And no, have yet to try out the CrystalSky as I had to order a charger. So cannot give an opinion on that. But it cannot be worse in bright sun than a phone or tablet screen which are essentially useless in bright sun.

I will check it out. As too brightness, I have no fear of it being worse, but I want to make sure its improvement enough over the ipad to justify the purchase price. I can't really afford the 2000 nits (not out yet anyway I don't think) at present, but if this is not a significant improvement, I would probably rather wait for the 2000 nits version.

I had googled it, but I didn't notice that there was a typo in my search param. Did it again spelled correctly and found it. Turns out, I have everything (ball mount and iPad clamp) except the bottom plate. That, I don't really mind printing. I guess this is an example of now knowing what I have.

Please let me know what you think once you get the 5.5 into the sun. I really would like to know.

Actually, I have the plate as well. I have a SkyReat mount for the iPad that would only require drilling another whole in the center to make it a dual use item. Thanks for getting me to think outside the box.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll