DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Sky decision

VegasDisplays

Reactions
I fly in Las Vegas and it seems that CS is the only alternative for a monitor that's bright enough for the sun here and won't overheat in the hot temps. The only thing holding me back is that I use Litchi most of the time and I can't tell if it's working on CS yet or if it's just a matter of an update before it will be available. Should I wait for something else to come out or will CS eventually be able to run Lithchi?

Go for the CS.
As related to Litchi, i can't answer this.
But, there will be other Waypoint capable software available on the CS wich will do similar things as Litchi.
Currently i am testing a beta version of that app which will be available for enterprise users.

I fly in Las Vegas and it seems that CS is the only alternative for a monitor that's bright enough for the sun here and won't overheat in the hot temps. The only thing holding me back is that I use Litchi most of the time and I can't tell if it's working on CS yet or if it's just a matter of an update before it will be available. Should I wait for something else to come out or will CS eventually be able to run Lithchi?

At the moment the CS does not support a full google play store, only some services. To get this partial capability you will need to install 4 .apk files related to google services

3Rd Party Ap

Any app that requires paid licensing e.g. latest versions of Litchi, will struggle to work on the CS without rooting it.

Litchi does work but I believe only this older version is compatible

Litchi for DJI Drones 4.0.2 Patched - APK Home

Im using the latest Litchi version on the latest CS firmware without a problem.

You'll need to find some one who can root it and install google play on it (it's not so difficult if one knows a little bit of computers and command line terminal) and then do not update the CS anymore :) because no one know what will come with the next firmware.

Prior I was using Samsung Note4 and TAB S2 but after I got the CS I can say it's great and nothing can beat it.

Amazon have their copy of litchi that can be installed and works on CS, please check the link below
DJI CrystalSky - Litchi

Amazon have their copy of litchi that can be installed and works on CS, please check the link below
DJI CrystalSky - Litchi

Watch out for the temp on this, my CS UB overheated and flickered while I was using this version of Litchi on max brightness, the temp got to 48c. Any sign of significant overheating (above 40c) I would shut it down, 47c is about the limit before damage is done

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest