DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Sky issue : remote controller battery drain.

cocoon

Reactions
Hello ,

I did the CristalSky update to 03.00.02.00 and I am looking to disable the remote controller from charging the CristalSky.
It seems it is impossible right now meanwhile it never happen before the update.
Before the update the remote controller was not charging the battery of the crystal sky and everything was working well.
I always used the main USB conector from the remote controler connected to the main usb c conector of the crystal sky.

Right now I can't even fly safely two batteries on my Mavic 2 Pro because the remote controller battery drain so fast.

Can you help ?
Thanks

Hello ,

I did the CristalSky update to 03.00.02.00 and I am looking to disable the remote controller from charging the CristalSky.
It seems it is impossible right now meanwhile it never happen before the update.
Before the update the remote controller was not charging the battery of the crystal sky and everything was working well.
I always used the main USB conector from the remote controler connected to the main usb c conector of the crystal sky.

Right now I can't even fly safely two batteries on my Mavic 2 Pro because the remote controller battery drain so fast.

Can you help ?
Thanks
I Velcro a small (5000 mAh) battery pack to the back of my Crystalsky and plug it into the side connector of the RC. I bought it at Office Max on sale for about $10. And you can't turn the "charge the RC" option off in the Android version of Go4, only in the Apple version can you turn it off.

Thanks for the option. but I would really like to fly as usual without adicional battery.
It was working without any issue before the update: any idea about what happened?
thanks

Thanks for the option. but I would really like to fly as usual without adicional battery.
It was working without any issue before the update: any idea about what happened?
thanks
I think it was there before. I think it has always been on in Android.

Before, the update the remote controller was consuming 10% battery for a 25 min flight.
Right now, the consumption is 30 % for the same flight.

Here's the setup I use when I want to fly longer and need to recharge the RC when using my CS785. I have a PolarPro Flightdeck that I use for my iPad with a similar setup.

Attachments

• External Battery Crystalsky.JPG
    External Battery Crystalsky.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
Thanks for the info, and the battery of your remote controller ?
Good for 5 full battery flights any day. I have noticed the controller (1st gen) is slower to charge to 100% from 98-99% in the last few months after being used for 1000 flights or so.

You should be able to fly at least 3 flights with an M2 remote connected to an Android (and the SC is an Android). The RC will only deliver 500mA max to a USB device, that's why the "slow charge" prompt. Granted I found that devices tend to draw less current to charge the battery when they approach 100%, but then will supplement any current demand that apps cause.

How do you all care for you radio controller battery? I see plenty of advice for aircraft battery handling but I can't say I've seen anything about RC battery care.

All my CS batteries will last at least 6 M2P batteries. My CS software is current.
That’s very interesting , my crystal sky battery will easily last for three straight Mavic two batteries but after I’m done flying it quickly deletes , does that sound normal. ?

I read in this thread

using CrystalSky to charge Mavic Pro Controller

that you connect a short cable (say 6 inch long) from the USB 2 port on the side of the CrystalSky
to the micro usb charging port on the controller and this would use the larger capacity battery in the CS to charge the RC

But if I read correctly in this thread, that the small battery in the RC charges the CS at 1/2amp (500ma) which due to a newer firmware update, there is no longer an option to shut off this feature, which is why people complain about the RC battery drain when using the CS.

So whats your thoughts on using the short cable to charge the RC from the CS. Does this defeat the purpose of charging the RC from the CS because naturally the RC slowly charges the CS, meaning it is a closed loop where the battery in the RC is trying to charge the CS and the battery in the CS is trying to charge the RC, and it just wastes energy overall?

I hope you understand what i'm trying to explain.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60