DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

crystal sky vs tripltek

NH Phantom

Reactions
Has anyone compared the CS ultra to the Tripltek 8g? I know one is 2000nit and the other is 1200. Just looking for a physical comparison. Can you really see the screen good on the tripltek?

Tripltek is very bright but I still use a hood when in direct sunlight as it is viewable but fairly washed out if you get enough sun. The Hoodman Sunshade for iPad mini fits perfectly and fixes the problem.

I do not have a CS Ultra to compare it to but the extra NITS should make it a clear winner in the brightness category.... however it will become increasingly less useful going forward as it doesn't support the latest drones.

Reactions: Gagey52
Tripltek is very bright but I still use a hood when in direct sunlight as it is viewable but fairly washed out if you get enough sun. The Hoodman Sunshade for iPad mini fits perfectly and fixes the problem.

I do not have a CS Ultra to compare it to but the extra NITS should make it a clear winner in the brightness category.... however it will become increasingly less useful going forward as it doesn't support the latest drones.
Thanks. I have a CS ultra and love it. I use it for my mavic 2 zoom. I never have an issue even in the brightest sun. The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to get it to work with an EVO 2 . Its working somewhat but having some occasional issues. Was thinking of getting the tripltek for that but I dont want to use a shade. Guess I'll wait for the new 2000 nit controller to come out. Was out flying it the other day with a ipad mini and couldnt see a thing.

Has anyone compared the CS ultra to the Tripltek 8g? I know one is 2000nit and the other is 1200. Just looking for a physical comparison. Can you really see the screen good on the tripltek?
I have both the Tripltek and the CS Ultra with 2,000 NITS. The CS is definitely brighter than the Tripltek which as you say is 1,200 NITS. The CS screen is also bigger than the Tripletek. Both are heavy tablets so not much difference there. The downside of the CS is that it is only 34 Bit and not 64 bit like the Tripltek. Therefore the CS only works with with the Mavic 2 series and older drones but not with the latest drones such as the Mavic Mini, Mini 2, Air 2 etc.
I fly in bright sunlight most of the year. The Tripletek is reasonably good (all of the phones/tablets I have tried are useless) but I do keep in the shade when possible. Also it works with both of my drones M2Z and Mini 2. I have tried sunshades but they do not work for me.
One final note. The Tripltek comes with an antiglare cover over the screen. I have yet to remove it and see if the screen is any brighter. On cloudy days the Tripltek is excellent in bright sunlight it is acceptable in my opinion.

Reactions: Mike Shock
Thanks for sharing.

The Tripltek comes with an antiglare cover over the screen. I have yet to remove it and see if the screen is any brighter. On cloudy days the Tripltek is excellent in bright sunlight it is acceptable in my opinion.

The Trilpltek is much brighter with the antiglare cover removed..... but introduces reflections which impede the view. Even so I vastly prefer the Tripltek without the antiglare shield.

The Trilpltek is much brighter with the antiglare cover removed..... but introduces reflections which impede the view. Even so I vastly prefer the Tripltek without the antiglare shield.
Thanks for that I'll give it a try as summer is on it's way and I need the brightest screen possible down here in sunny Spain!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_