DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky 5.5 monitor is upside down

Gerry65

Reactions
Hi folks. Just received and connected my monitor to the RC and I notice that with the DJI adapter, the monitor is upside down and the controls are on the lefthand side instead of the right. And, the app is upside down too and I can’t find anything in settings to reorient the screen.

Is there a fix for the screen issues. I guess there is nothing to do for the monitor being upside down. Thanks for any help.

Haha. I swear I didn’t see that and I went to that page a number of times. Overly excited I guess. Thanks.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Don't feel too bad...I had to pause for a moment and think when I mounted mine to the Mavic RC

Haha. I swear I didn’t see that and I went to that page a number of times. Overly excited I guess. Thanks.
Actually, you know what...I don’t have that option in settings. I have up to the ‘screenshot’ but don’t have the other 3 options. I’m downloading the updated app now on the monitor so maybe that’ll fix this for me.

Actually, you know what...I don’t have that option in settings. I have up to the ‘screenshot’ but don’t have the other 3 options. I’m downloading the updated app now on the monitor so maybe that’ll fix this for me.
Interesting...let me know if the update gives it to you.

Don't feel too bad...I had to pause for a moment and think when I mounted mine to the Mavic RC
Thanks AV but like I just posted, it’s not there for me. Will see after downloading the upgrade for the Go 4 app. Fingers crossed.

Thanks AV but like I just posted, it’s not there for me. Will see after downloading the upgrade for the Go 4 app. Fingers crossed.

This was only introduced in the previous V 1.4.0000 Firmware upgrade once you update the firmware it will be there I'm sure.

Reactions: Advexure
This was only introduced in the previous V 1.4.0000 Firmware upgrade once you update the firmware it will be there I'm sure.

Correct, when DJI released their CS Mounting Bracket for Mavic they released the update that brought the "Flip Screen" option to the quick settings menu to accommodate for the 5.5" flipped mounting on the Mavic mount.

Yup. There it is. I noticed the SW version on my monitor was quite low...forget now what the number was. Thanks folks.

Yup. There it is. I noticed the SW version on my monitor was quite low...forget now what the number was. Thanks folks.

Excellent. ....

You can fly upright now :)

Is it just me, or is the radar/compass not working correctly on CS? I have a 5.5" and if I fly away maybe 50m up and 100m away, when I point the RC straight at the mavic, it's not showing it like I am on the screen. It's feels a bit random whenever the CS thinks I'm pointing straight towards the mavic. It can be pointing to the right, left, turning 180 degrees from mavic.

Anyone else? Is caused by the CS being mounted upside down? Picture is flipped correctly and all but how does that affect the magnetic sensors? I have not tried without DJI CS mount. I could just try with a cable and no mount, and no upside down, but I'm too lazy and I wanna hear if the sensors are working correctly for other people. :)

Okay, I installed a bunch of sensor testing apps on my CS. Magnetic sensors are behaving very very strange, orientation sensor not working, doesn't matter how I turn the CS, it will not point anywhere but southeast+- 5-10°.

Using the same app on my mobile phone, just to make sure it's no bs, also tried 3 different apps and all are showing magnetic sensors and orientation sensors behaving like super weird.

Any1?

Is it just me, or is the radar/compass not working correctly on CS? I have a 5.5" and if I fly away maybe 50m up and 100m away, when I point the RC straight at the mavic, it's not showing it like I am on the screen. It's feels a bit random whenever the CS thinks I'm pointing straight towards the mavic. It can be pointing to the right, left, turning 180 degrees from mavic.

Anyone else? Is caused by the CS being mounted upside down? Picture is flipped correctly and all but how does that affect the magnetic sensors? I have not tried without DJI CS mount. I could just try with a cable and no mount, and no upside down, but I'm too lazy and I wanna hear if the sensors are working correctly for other people. :)
The center of the radar represents your home point. The floating red triangle in the radar represents the drone - and its flight orientation to the home point. When the drone is far away, just aim the triangle at the center of the radar to guide it home. There is a floating dot around the edge of the radar that represents North, which is (I believe) based on the direction of the Mavic at takeoff. I don't believe that anything on the radar represents you or the RC - just home point, Drone and North. (it also shows stick movements and horizon - but that's something else)

The center of the radar represents your home point. The floating red triangle in the radar represents the drone - and its flight orientation to the home point. When the drone is far away, just aim the triangle at the center of the radar to guide it home. There is a floating dot around the edge of the radar that represents North, which is (I believe) based on the direction of the Mavic at takeoff. I don't believe that anything on the radar represents you or the RC - just home point, Drone and North. (it also shows stick movements and horizon - but that's something else)

Really? I've read so many posts about keeping your RC pointed at aircraft since it's directional and not Omni antennas.

And it's working on my mobile and iPad.

It's the white small triangle you should have the bigger triangle pointing at, if you always have it like that, you know that you are aiming at aircraft if you don't have LOS.

It works on my Samsung s7 and an old iPad. If I point RC/antennas to a different direction than where my mavic is, the triangle is pointing at another way then the white small triangle. Also signal gets stronger by 2-3 bars when lining them up. Since I'm surrounded by forest, 30-40m trees this is crucial for me.

Not saying I'm right, but I've read it so many times and that is how I have been using it, until I got my CS.

Uploaded a screenshot to clarify what I mean.

IMG_20180302_053449.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots