DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky 7.5 screen froze mid flight with MPP

747P4

Reactions
Having used the search function nothing came back regarding the above subject line.

All firmware on CS and Mavic current as of today's date.

Good launch with home point recorded and all 17 GPS satellites available on the CS screen.
After 1700 feet from the home point, at 295 feet amsl, I gave the MPP a "forward" stick command but the CS screen was frozen and didn't register any movement from the Mavic.

The Mavic RC screen showed rotor RPM etc. and all the other parameters were good.
As I was LOS, I flew back to the launch area to land.

After landing, swapped Mavic battery, rebooted the CS and RC and flew again with no problems at all.
I believe that the CS was looking for "maps" and was trying to compare this to the current Mavic position.
Would the area in which I launched from been cached on the CS (Maps) at home when connected to WiFi?
The launch site is not too far from where I live.

Any ideas why I got a frozen screen?

Any ideas why I got a frozen screen?

That is the million dollar question. I have had the same issue and have found the subject in other forums as well. From what I read it has something to do with the newest firmware update. What unit are you using? The Ultra bright?

That is the million dollar question. I have had the same issue and have found the subject in other forums as well. From what I read it has something to do with the newest firmware update. What unit are you using? The Ultra bright?

The unit is the CS 7.5
I will email DJI tech support but they may not know the answer to the problem.

You are not alone with that problem...
My procedure is simple: before flying, i reboot the CS. Never had a 'frozen' CS or GO app since.

It seem's that there is a memory leak or something like that either in the firmware or the GO apps.

You are not alone with that problem...
My procedure is simple: before flying, i reboot the CS. Never had a 'frozen' CS or GO app since.

It seem's that there is a memory leak or something like that either in the firmware or the GO apps.

I appreciate the response.
So when you start the RC the CS will boot as advertised. After the CS has started you then reboot the CS leaving the RC on. Is that correct?

I like the CS but the software is poorly executed from the beginning.

After the CS has started you then reboot the CS leaving the RC on.
Whenever you reboot is a personal thing.
I tend to reboot the CS before mounting and connecting to the RC.

Whenever you reboot is a personal thing.
I tend to reboot the CS before mounting and connecting to the RC.

I will try your suggestion.
Do you think a new firmware update will be soon?

Do you think a new firmware update will be soon?
I (and a ton of other people!) hope so.
But no further info about that specific topic.

Unless this Update was like less than 4 days ago, I still not have seen one yet ,
I have the CS Ultra, and wifi is fine. but it has never updated. I think its at ver 600 ?

I appreciate the response.
So when you start the RC the CS will boot as advertised. After the CS has started you then reboot the CS leaving the RC on. Is that correct?

I like the CS but the software is poorly executed from the beginning.
hello
I don't reboot the crystalsky.
I close dji go then I open dji go. And I start again if necessary.

Unless this Update was like less than 4 days ago, I still not have seen one yet ,
I have the CS Ultra, and wifi is fine. but it has never updated. I think its at ver 600 ?

The CS doesn't do an auto update, you need to trigger it from settings/ update, v02.05.000 was released yesterday

Reactions: csevengo
I believe the latest version of DJI Go 4 has another mapping solution but it doesn't cache the maps unfortunately

I believe the latest version of DJI Go 4 has another mapping solution but it doesn't cache the maps unfortunately

I appreciate your response and comments.
IMHO it is a shame that DJI didn't have room for a sim card slot on the CS device. Maybe too much RF problems, hey ho.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark