DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky 7.85 Black Screen

Andre Coleman

Reactions
Help!
I sold my crystalsky 7.85 ultra and the guy says the screen is black!
It was working fine when I sent it to him.
I'm refunding his money but now I have a broken $900 monitor.
Anyone know where I could get a diagnosis and fix for it?
I think DJI doesn't deal with them anymore.
I'm MAD!!

Looks like they must have burnt out the backlight on the panel, it must have been at full power for a long time and caused a solder re-flow from excessive heat generated.
Unfortunately I have heard of a fix other than a panel replacement, users with backlight failures were given new CS's as part of their warranty claim.

Is it still under warranty as you could get it replaced if it is ?

Last edited:
Looks like they must have burnt out the backlight on the panel, it must have been at full power for a long time and caused a solder re-flow from excessive heat generated.
Unfortunately I have heard of a fix other than a panel replacement, users with backlight failures were given new CS's as part of their warranty claim.

Is it still under warranty as you could get it replaced if it is ?
It's been a couple of years. I doubt it. Thanks for the information. Thats what I thought. Crap!

How w
Ho would I go about contacting DJI to try to get a fix?

Seriously???? Okay...allow me: DJI Repair Service Center

And in case you haven't thought of it...I would seriously look at the serial number of the CS you got back...as I bet a dime to a dollar he switched it or he broke it (Yours)...I would never have refunded, but that's me. :)

That really sucks.

Seriously???? Okay...allow me: DJI Repair Service Center

And in case you haven't thought of it...I would seriously look at the serial number of the CS you got back...as I bet a dime to a dollar he switched it or he broke it (Yours)...I would never have refunded, but that's me. :)

Yes, I always take a time stamped video of the item working before sending it off and record all the S/N's

Yes, I always take a time stamped video of the item working before sending it off and record all the S/N's
I am stupid!
I have many deals done and a perfect rating but never thought about doing that.
I am an idiot!

I am stupid!
I have many deals done and a perfect rating but never thought about doing that.
I am an idiot!

Did you have the original serial number?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000