DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky 7.85

R72-MT

Reactions
Been working on a mount for the screen and think I'm happy with it. The monitor is absolutely great. Can fly in full sun with no issues and the thing is lightning fast. No issues with lag, whatsoever. I had a brand new I-Pad Mini 4 in hand but returned it when the cost for comparable features was going to be very close to the CS. After having used the CS, I'm glad I made the decision to get the CS.
I pieced together a mounting solution from some aluminum stock I had. I did have to buy a cheap ball-tripod base.
Pics of my mounting solution. I wanted to take as much load off the mounting screws as possible so I fashioned a close fitting saddle for the CS to sit into, as shown in the second picture. As it turns out, the RC/Monitor assembly is nicely balanced so the RC can either sit flat or tip forward to allow full access to the RC buttons on the top and back.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 96
  • 20170822_201811a.jpg
    20170822_201811a.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 99
  • P1200155a.JPG
    P1200155a.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 94
  • P1200159a.JPG
    P1200159a.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 100
How’s the weight of the larger screen.
I guess heavy is subjective. The monitor, adapter, RC combo can't be called super light, but I don't think its weight is out of line when I consider just how nice it is to fly any time of the day and not worry about screen visibility.
I've tried a hood but peering into the dark a hood provides and then looking out on a sunny day, leaves you nearly blind until your eyes adapt to the light. This is so much better. I've also heard of those who use a small pop up canopy, set a table and chair in the shade provided, and fly in relative comfort. That idea has some merit but quick setup and portability is not among its strong points

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus