DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky Charger

gouda

Reactions
does anyone know if the mavic charger has enough voltage/amps to charge a crystalsky battery?

if so i would just splice into mavic charger (solder a Y in) and have mavic and crystalsky charger in one?

does anyone know if the mavic charger has enough voltage/amps to charge a crystalsky battery?

if so i would just splice into mavic charger (solder a Y in) and have mavic and crystalsky charger in one?

The Mavic charger is not suitable to charge the Crystalsky batteries. Here is a list of chargers that are from DJI. Contact us, I am sure we can find something that will work for you.

Attachments

• Chargers For CS.png
    Chargers For CS.png
    242.6 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
The Mavic charger is not suitable to charge the Crystalsky batteries. Here is a list of chargers that are from DJI. Contact us, I am sure we can find something that will work for you.
i know it doesn't have a plug for it. i get that. but im looking to make one that has the mavic plug and crystalsky plug as well. I'm not going to carry 2 flipping charging cables just too much to carry around

i know it doesn't have a plug for it. i get that. but im looking to make one that has the mavic plug and crystalsky plug as well. I'm not going to carry 2 flipping charging cables just too much to carry around

You could cut the end off of one of these and splice it in. The Mavic charger does not have enough watts to charge more than one item at a time. Inspire 2 Remote Controller Charging Cable

Have yet to purchase my own CrystalSky but just ordered the Mavic Controller Mount and understand I must buy a charger with enough "juice" to charge the CS. What's the simplest, effective, least expensive option while Saving up for the CS.
I know it's a little backward but it's incentive toward the end goal.

Reactions: Glenn Johnson
Have yet to purchase my own CrystalSky but just ordered the Mavic Controller Mount and understand I must buy a charger with enough "juice" to charge the CS. What's the simplest, effective, least expensive option while Saving up for the CS.

I'm considering purchasing a Crystalsky and I'd like to know too. What's the smart play here? I'm considering this but am still figuring out the price. $479 for the CyrstalSky, $79 for the mount, $??? for the charger. It adds up in a hurry. Wish somebody sold a better monitor option for less. Or at least a package for the Mavic.

No mate, it's not backward at all. A few of us here have done the same whilst waiting for stock.

I've got the CS mavmount adaptor, lanyard, the USB-C lead and a Phantom 4 100W charger all sitting here gathering dust while I wait for the Ultra to come in to the UK :(

OK so what is the bottom line? What are the exact charger “output” requirements for the CS units? I have quite a few chargers but none on the list. It would be helpful to know the “requirements” so I can figure out if what I already have will work.

I have a Mavic charger which can charge all my 3 batteries and the remote control at the same time so it is theoretically strong enough. However the Mavic chargers output is 13 volts which is typical for 12 volt batteries to charge.
The Crystal Sky battery charging hub requires min. 17.5 volt chargers .This is exactly what you get when you buy Phantom 3/4 chargers. The Crystal sky setup is not suitable for the 13 volts output of the Mavic chargers no matter how strong they are from the Amps point of view.
To make the issue even more frustrating, the CS battery is only 7.6 volts. So the CS battery charging hub is the problem. It could have been easily designed to take input voltages from 12 to 18 volts DC to charge the 7.6 volt CS battery. DJI engineers could unfortunately not think that far. So Mavic users need additional chargers from the Phantom 3 or 4 in order to charge their Crystal Sky batteries !

Reactions: Ping^Spike

i was pissed i had to add a charger without notice as an early adopter. went the cheapest route

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...page_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=mavicpilots-20

works perfectly and is affordable.

Reactions: FASTFJR
I'm a glass is half full kind of guy and the good news for me is that with the P4 charger and my advanced charging hub, I can charge the Crystal Sky and my 3 batteries in a couple hours while charging the RC on the original Mavic charger! I know everyone knows this but I haven't really seen anyone highlight it as a benefit. That makes the purchase of the charger far less painful for me, anyway. The only thing I wish I had, was a way to charge the controller with the same charger. Maybe an adapter that plugs into a battery bay on the hub and comes out USB? Like the battery to USB adapter but for the other side? I even tested the micro USB port on the hub with a micro usb to micro usb cord to the controller just in case it put out power...nope.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121