DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky good or bad?

Kikim17

Reactions
I wanted to buy either a 5.5 or 7.85 ultra but I read there’s lot of issues with the 7.85 ultra, is this still the case or has the issues been resolved?

Definitely a more visible screen. Just picked up a used 7.8 ub and still working through the system. Still not sure if I’m attached enough to keep it.
There are many that swear by it, and some that don’t. I’ll watch and see what answers you get here. I do like the engineering on the battery.

Reactions: Kikim17
Couple of weeks back I bought a used Ultra and it works really well with the bright snow. It gets warm but the fan kicks on and I haven't had any problems with it. It has a beautiful screen and is a great size for using with a MavMount if only one or two batteries. If you are out for an afternoon of flying I would recommend a tripod. I'm actually liking the tripod method. With a long cord you are able to walk around and focus on flying rather than the screen.

I’ve got a 5.5 coming my way very soon so this thread will definitely be a interesting read.

Reactions: Bobby Brown
I picked up the 7.85 HB. Did all the updates but haven't flown with it yet. Bad weather, either too cold, too windy or both. I have been using an Ipad Mini 4 so eager to get out and try the CS and compare.

Reactions: Porky
I have had the CSU for a little over a year. I have never had an issue.
Beautiful screen. A little heavy so I have been using the tripod at eye level. you can get a tripod adapter from Mavmount for $29

I use my CS ultra with the Mavic 2Z and it works perfectly. No issues at all. Most updated software and firmware.

Guys, have any of you had any issues, firmware/things not working the same as on an iPad/iPhone or android device? Mines still boxed at the mo but I’m a little worried now regarding @Louboy post. What I’ve read on other threads regarding the CS, all is working fine now for the M2;)

The CS 7.85" UB was the best purchase for my MP as far as accessories are concern. Weight is no problem in my case. I hardly use all three drone batteries on the single day so holding the CS for little bit more than one hour doesn't presents any weight issues. Some people complain about price but if you buy a cell phone which will at best produce half of the brightness of CS you will only save $200 or $300. Another common complain on this forum is that CS is getting firmware updates late, usually CS is last to be updated by DJI. I don't think this is necessary bad, more time DJI spend on producing updates will give us more stable and properly functioning device.

Not to worried about the Go4 app being updated late as long as everything works as it should, does it? My main concern was what was posted #10.. worries me a bit.

Though I havent flown it yet I did connect my CS to my M2Z in my house. Was able to connect and see the camera view on my CS. Don’t see what the issue is.

Last edited:
Though I havent flown it yet I did connect my CS to my M2Z in my house. Was able to connect and see the camera view on my CS. Don’t see whatbth3 issue is.
So you couldn’t tell if the intelligent flight modes worked. I think I’ll ignore the #10 post & see for myself in a couple of days, thanks for your reply though;)

Guys, have any of you had any issues, firmware/things not working the same as on an iPad/iPhone or android device? Mines still boxed at the mo but I’m a little worried now regarding @Louboy post. What I’ve read on other threads regarding the CS, all is working fine now for the M2;)

The problem with statements based on the story from a friend which was told by another friend is they are usually not accurate and not up-to-date. Initially, there was a problem and Go4 didn't recognize Mavic 2 drones. This is history now, please check this out:
Also, you may confirm this by posting on DJI forums.
Mavic 2 Zoom - DJI MAVIC forum
There are number of DJI employee (call administrators) which will be able confirm one way or another. I own Mavic Pro so I'm unable to say anything more :)

My 7.8 CS/UB and M2P combo updates via my WiFi and works great. I can pick map modes, view photos taken and view all flight videos. Also sync my flight histories.

So what’s the problem?

Touch screen works fine making adjustments

Thanks guys, I’ll have my CS in a couple of days, yep Christmas pressie. I’ve been reading all the threads/posts regarding it since my wife ordered it back in the “Black Friday” sales, no problems with the CS at all.

The above post #10 just made me a little uneasy hence why I thought I’d ask the question.

Many thanks for clarifying this for me, can’t wait until the 25th to try it out.

Thanks again;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929