DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky HB 7.85 Screen Issue

TerryMavicAir

Reactions
Just received my new CrystalSky monitor and was setting it up when the left side of the screen turned fuzzy and started flickering. On for no more that 10 minutes. Battery was full and unit was not overheating.
Tried:
Rebooting
Resetting
Reinstalling Firmware update
Removing and reinserting battery
Slapping it!!!
No joy.

Any suggestions?

Try a different cable? Also, what RC are you attaching it to?

Thanks for responding.
This pic was taken without the monitor connected to anything.
No change when I connect it to my Mavic Air controller.

I thought the 7.85 would not work on the Mavic series. They require the 5.50, at least according to the specs/manual...

“** All Mavic and Osmo series products require a Mounting Bracket (purchased separately from the official DJI Online Store) to be compatible with CrystalSky. Note that only CS550 is compatible with Mavic and Osmo series products..”

... or am I interpreting them incorrectly?

I thought the 7.85 would not work on the Mavic series. They require the 5.50, at least according to the specs/manual...

“** All Mavic and Osmo series products require a Mounting Bracket (purchased separately from the official DJI Online Store) to be compatible with CrystalSky. Note that only CS550 is compatible with Mavic and Osmo series products..”

You are interpreting it incorrectly. That just means you have to buy a different bracket to mount it in the mavic controller. The size of the screen doesn’t matter at all.

Personally if you’ve just bought it I would definitely send it back for a replacement, especially after trying everything you said, the “slapping it” did make me laugh?

I looked around to see if it was compatible with the MA, apparently it is. But as @RadioFlyerMan said, in the Dji specs it shows it’s not, only compatible with the 5.5 CS must have something to do with mounting it.

I copied this post from another forum, interesting read..

Then DJI must have forgotten to update the list. I own a 7.85 Crystalsky High Brightness since last year already and after using it with my former Spark, I now use it for flying the Mavic Air. It works perfectly with Mavic Air. From my experience the High Brightness version is largely sufficient and the have been or still are some issues with the Ultra Brightness version.
CrystalSky has a special (optimised) version of DJI GO 4 that is embedded in the firmware. Therefore GO 4 updates always take a bit longer before they become available but it works very well.

Just received my new CrystalSky monitor and was setting it up when the left side of the screen turned fuzzy and started flickering. On for no more that 10 minutes. Battery was full and unit was not overheating.
Tried:
Rebooting
Resetting
Slapping it!!!
No joy.

Any suggestions?
View attachment 74548

Looks like a defective screen or a connector is loose. If you bought it new return it for a different one.

Tried:
Rebooting
Resetting
Slapping it!!!
No joy.

Any suggestions?
View attachment 74548
It’s new... send it back and get a replacement. Include a copy of the pic you posted. I can’t recommend fixing a brand new one. I have one and their not cheap.
BTW, I love mine! Large enough to see all the info quickly.

Reactions: CJH92474 and Porky
Thanks for the suggestions and feedback.
One of the more recent firmware upgrades made it compatible with the Mavic Air.
I hooked it up to the controller and turned on the MA with no issues. Had a good picture with all controls/messages, etc. showing up correctly. Then, all of a sudden, the screen went wacko. The pic I posted doesn't show how bad it really is and, obviously, does not show the flicker.
I've initiated the return process, which I understand includes some troubleshooting that they will try over the phone.
Whatever......very disappointing, but I know **it happens.

Best choice sending it back after after their faulting finding other the phone. It should work 100% from new, shouldn’t have to go through all the rigmarole of trying to get it to work.

Even if you got it working with support over the phone, the fault may rear it’s ugly head again, you don’t want that?

Good luck, the CS monitors are brilliant, enjoy when you get your new one.

You are interpreting it incorrectly. That just means you have to buy a different bracket to mount it in the mavic controller. The size of the screen doesn’t matter at all.

[emoji106]

Reactions: Thomas B

I use my 7.85 on all my drones including the Mavic 2 zoom and Mavic Air unless I'm using an app that doesn't work with the CS

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Tried:
Rebooting
Resetting
Slapping it!!!
No joy.

Any suggestions?
View attachment 74548

Mine did this until I updated the firmware.

Mine did this until I updated the firmware.
Mine reported that the firmware was up to date. Left half of the screen went fuzzy and was flickering. I downloaded the latest firmware and reinstalled it with no change.
I tried to get a repair ticket from DJI two days ago. I received a acknowledgment email but I have not heard from anyone nor have I received a repair order and follow-up instructions. Is this poor DJI response normal???

Mine reported that the firmware was up to date. Left half of the screen went fuzzy and was flickering. I downloaded the latest firmware and reinstalled it with no change.
I tried to get a repair ticket from DJI two days ago. I received a acknowledgment email but I have not heard from anyone nor have I received a repair order and follow-up instructions. Is this poor DJI response normal???
Recommend contacting them again to find out what action you need to take.

Use their online chat support and provide CAS #

Shot a “slo-mo” video of the screen issue that showed the shadow and flickering. Sent it to DJI support and they agreed it looked like a defective screen issue. They sent me a label to return it for a replacement. Good thing I saved the original packaging. They won’t accept it without it. Keep those boxes!!!

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka