DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky Mavic Pro/Spark Remote Controller Mounting Bracket for Air

Anthony Viscomi

Reactions
I got a reply from DJI Engineer over on RC Groups in regards to the
CrystalSky Mavic Pro/Spark Remote Controller Mounting Bracket not fitting on the Air:

upload_2018-1-31_11-50-12.png

No it doesn’t fit, the cut out slots in the mounts are narrower than the Mavic Pro RC

Besides the slots not long enough in the arms there is no MAVIC AIR listed in the DJI GO4 application.
Yeah, that upsets me. Fortunately its be too cold/windy here to fly, hopefully they (DJI) will have an update by the time the weather breaks.

Yeah, that upsets me. Fortunately its be too cold/windy here to fly, hopefully they (DJI) will have an update by the time the weather breaks.
DJI are going to send the update to New Zealand first so as we can the maximum flying hours. Very poor marketing ,,,, new monitor which can not be used with their latest drone,

I still can’t belive they hadn’t thought this out,how difficult can it be to modify the app to work with the crystalsky. I’m using using my phone at the moment but it’s not a patch on the crystalsky.

Reactions: THE WOMBLE
Got my DJI Mavic CS mount to work with the MA controller

I was also able to fly the MA with DJI Go4 on the both the CS's, the firmware upgrade yesterday has finally ported the 4.2.4 to the CS

Mavic Air CS mount - Copy.jpg

Reactions: Dytz and philh24
Hi Iannes, How in the hell did you adapt the fitting. I assume the mounting was the one used withe the SPARK. The bar that fits inside the handle has 2 screw holes which are too wide apart to fit the slots in the handles. Any help will be great appreciated by me and I am sure many other CRYSTALSKY owners.

Nice bit of modification there,I bought another mount now aswell [emoji849].
I should have waited. Can’t complain really this mount wasn’t that expensive and does the job.
IMG_0293.JPGIMG_0294.JPG

Hi Iannes, How in the **** did you adapt the fitting. I assume the mounting was the one used withe the SPARK. The bar that fits inside the handle has 2 screw holes which are too wide apart to fit the slots in the handles. Any help will be great appreciated by me and I am sure many other CRYSTALSKY owners.

I was thinking of making the slots in the MA controller jaws longer, but I didn't want to hack anything.
So I thought about swapping parts

Owing the MA, I figured I wasn't going to use my Spark a lot with my CS units and I would be using the MA much more, so I just swapped the jaws and covers over from the Spark controller over to the MA controller.

This makes the MA controller now fully compatible with the DJI current CS mount model.
All it takes is 4 screws to undo and move over in a couple of minutes and the process is fully reversible

Last edited:
Reactions: Dytz
Thanks for the idea lanes I didn’t have a spark to do it with so I had to modify mine to fit. The bar that goes inside I just filed The ends off so it fitted into the remote. Then I had to file the slots out until the handles sit flush. I would think the joystick holders would clip out but I didn’t to force anything and couldn’t get mine out,that’s why I modified the bar.
IMG_0295.JPGIMG_0296.JPG

Reactions: lannes
Thanks for the idea lanes I didn’t have a spark to do it with so I had to modify mine to fit. The bar that goes inside I just filed The ends off so it fitted into the remote. Then I had to file the slots out until the handles sit flush. I would think the joystick holders would clip out but I didn’t to force anything and couldn’t get mine out,that’s why I modified the bar.
View attachment 31044View attachment 31045

Looks like you did a good job, I was about to saw into mine as well until I realised that DJI don't have the controller jaws listed as a spare part, so I didn't then take the risk.

Knowing our luck DJI will produce a cheap adapter LOL!!

Reactions: philh24
It was the handles that took the time. I just elongated them with a file,but you do have to take some off the ends of the handles aswell until it fits flush over the bar, I suppose it took about 30 minutes in all. Glad I did it now, I wasn’t going to bother until I looked at your post. Glad I did now thanks for the idea [emoji106]

Have managed to get the "arms" from a Spark. Waiting for them to arrive. What size "star" screw driver do I need to get please?

it's a t6 torx

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98