DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky Mounting Bracket for RC Mavic Pro 2 : Not work

No surprise there then...

I wouldn't worry about it mate, it'll take them another six months or more just to update the CA :(

Thats a bummer that the official mount does not work. The mavmount is confirmed to be working, just as another option.

20180824_151605.jpg 20180824_151924.jpg 20180824_151939.jpg 20180824_151946.jpg

Will there ever be a sale for the mavmount? Its nice.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Bummer. I like being able to glance at the lcd for quick status while flying otherwise I’d get a different mount....

Bummer. I like being able to glance at the lcd for quick status while flying otherwise I’d get a different mount....
You can flip the 360 degree ballhead the other way and have the screen below like DJI, but honestly you dont need to see the LCD at all.

I use the Polar Pro mount and really like it. Well made and does everything I need.

If you buy a mavmount for your CS do not order the lanyard kit with it. The attachment clip that comes with it will not allow you to plug into the bottom USB-C port.

11ieudh.jpg

When I contacted mavmount about the issue their response was to "just plug it into the side of the CrystalSky". Clearly the clip is not made to work with the CS. I sent them a photo of a clip I made and suggested they alter the design of the clip for the CS. I never received a reply.

To that end, even if I did use the side plug and used the mavmount clip it is in a location that makes the CS flop backwards and you still have to use your hands and wrist strength to hold the controller and CS in a manner you can view the screen. This pretty much eliminates the purpose of a lanyard.

I suggested the clip mount be made as part of the mount itself. I never got a replay, again.

So I just made my own. It holds the CS and remote in a nice angle for viewing without needing to use your hands or wrist to support the controller or CS.

jt3u54.jpg

29mt40p.jpg

2w20tvo.jpg

A little crud but I don't have a machine shop so all the work was done by hand.

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
A little crud but I don't have a machine shop so all the work was done by hand.

Hi there... I'm sorry but i never got the picture you said you sent. I love the ingenuity, and if this is working better for you, awesome! I'll definitely think about it for future designs.

I know for sure that I can always improve. The lanyard clip works great for me, and i do use the side plug with a lanyard without an issue, but I hear you! Thanks for the feedback!

Hi there... I'm sorry but i never got the picture you said you sent. I love the ingenuity, and if this is working better for you, awesome! I'll definitely think about it for future designs.

I know for sure that I can always improve. The lanyard clip works great for me, and i do use the side plug with a lanyard without an issue, but I hear you! Thanks for the feedback!

So my suggestions for the CS bracket would be to:

1. Enlarge the hole for the bottom plug. In the first photo, post above, you can see where I had to mill out a bit of material for clearance and make it a bit easier to plug in to the bottom USB-C..

2. Integrate the lanyard loop in the CS bracket itself. This location supports the CS in a better location/way and evens the weight distribution to the point the CS doesn't want to flop forward.

3. Angle the lanyard loop up just a bit. Again, this helps with weight distribution and balance.

ibb2f9.jpg

This bracket is for a very specific piece of hardware and with a couple minor modifications it would be perfect for that task.

Last edited:
Have found PolarPro to be far superior... and the current model is totally compatible with the new Mavic 2 controller

It should work with this Polar Pro mount I use with my Mavic Air

Attachments

• PP Crystal Sky Mount 2.jpg
    PP Crystal Sky Mount 2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 45
  • PP Crystal Sky Mount.jpg
    PP Crystal Sky Mount.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 44
Agreed.... your mount is perfect. PolarPro should make that an option... I will be making one.... thanks.... btw, I didn’t care at all for that cheap ball gimbal from mavmount

The neck is narrow enough to clip a lanyard to or use a key ring for a hook.

If you are using the 7.85 and the clip isn't right at the bottom of the screen then the CS wants to flop forward. It's the same with the mavmount.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme