DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky only 720p?

DesertDan

Reactions
Would love to get an upgrade from an iPhone for my M2P. I fly in the desert and as well as the sun the iPhone will automatically dim when it starts getting hot and becomes almost unusable.

The Smart Controller would be great but am not keen on the reduced transmission power / range over the stock controller.

Crystalsky would be perfect but I have heard that the max resolution is only 720p. Is this correct?

No it is 4K, 1080p. And the latency is about 25% lower than most phones or tablets. Here’s the specs;
I love my 7.85 CS.

No it is 4K, 1080p. And the latency is about 25% lower than most phones or tablets. Here’s the specs;
I love my 7.85 CS.
Thank you for this link, Thomas B. It confirms that the CS is only capable of 720p:

"CrystalSky does not support 1080p video transmission".

From what I understand it only supports 1080p if you're playing a file directly off an SD card.

Seems a shame, I guess it is due to the poor processing power(?).

Thank you for this link, Thomas B. It confirms that the CS is only capable of 720p:

"CrystalSky does not support 1080p video transmission".

From what I understand it only supports 1080p if you're playing a file directly off an SD card.

Seems a shame, I guess it is due to the poor processing power(?).

Typically the transmission from the drone is only 720p. You can do 1080p if shooting in a low resolution and changing it to HD transmission mode but this will reduce your range and on that small of a screen you won’t notice a difference

Typically the transmission from the drone is only 720p. You can do 1080p if shooting in a low resolution and changing it to HD transmission mode but this will reduce your range and on that small of a screen you won’t notice a difference
Thinking about the resolution recorded on the card, not necessarily the CS screen resolution.

Thinking about the resolution recorded on the card, not necessarily the CS screen resolution.
The screen resolution is 1080p for the 5.5” and 2k for the larger one but neither will display a 1080p transmission apparently. You edit:(can’t) cache a video size that’s larger then the transmission size if that’s what you are asking. This is all somewhat moot because the difference between 1080p and 720p on that small screen is pretty small.

Last edited:
The screen resolution is 1080p for the 5.5” and 2k for the larger one but neither will display a 1080p transmission apparently. You can cache a video size that’s larger then the transmission size if that’s what you are asking. This is all somewhat moot because the difference between 1080p and 720p on that small screen is pretty small.
Thanks. Plan to view them on my computer (30”) and my TV (80”)

Selecting HD transmission won't reduce the range at all, where did you get that from? Transmission quality may degrade with range but range won't be reduced at all. I can definitely see a difference between SD and HD mode (that is not available on Crystalsky). I will post a comparison.

Hopefully DJI comes up with a Crystalsky 2 update soon with an updated faster chipset. With the Mavic 2 and Matrice 200 series running Ocusync 2.0, it seems a shame Crystalsky are not able to fully support them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut