DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky screen appears damaged, uv coating

LouisvilleZ7

Reactions
I just purchased a used CS screen and the surface appears to have damage to UV coating. Anyone know how to repair this or does the UV coating have to be removed? I got a pretty good deal on this considering all the extras that came with it, so I don't want to return it. eBay purchase. Came with basically all left over parts from a Mavic Pro Platinum except the actual UAS. I assume they lost the aircraft. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried Goo Gone and alcohol. I thought it was some foreign substance, but don't think that's the case.

Attachments

• 20190614_000219.jpg
    20190614_000219.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Boy, that looks nasty, are you sure if it can even be cleaned up.

After checking it out some more, it appears to be some kind of adhesive or something. I feel like if it was a coating I would see some sort of residue where it's coming off. You can still see the screen, but it looks like garbage. Not sure what to do, I've got a paper towel with isopropyl alcohol on it laying in the screen to see if it will loosen up and come off, but I'm not optimistic.

Attached is how it looks with the screen on15605305277597502101150791576414.jpg

I have used Goo Gone with success, but don’t let it get inside as the solvents carry some of the sticky stuff and might dissolve internal sealants.

Reactions: LouisvilleZ7
Looks to be ruined. I don't know how I did it other than trying to clean off the little dots on the screen, but I'm going to take the blame. I shouldn't have tried to clean them off without doing a little research. I think I ruined the coating. I tried to get a quote from DJI to repair it and they refuse without me sending it in. Just not sure if it's worth the trouble. I haven't even seen any issues like this on the crystalsky, so I'm baffled. That's what I get for trying to save money I guess.

I would remove the coating completely with, as suggested, goo b gone, then apply one of those clear protectors. Best option based on the damaged screen.

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus